MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic

Article about: Original bag, the lift dot buttons and it's construction says me it's a airforces or most probably paratroopers bag

Default unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic

Someone know it ?

thanks

unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic
    P
    Many

Default Re: unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic

Hi it looks like a gas mask bag but i am sure one of the Russian speakers on here can tell you what the stamp says

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi it looks like a gas mask bag but i am sure one of the Russian speakers on here can tell you what the stamp says
    First, The little side pocket also had me thinking about a gas mask bag, but is not it too big?

The bag is a mystery... It is certainly for a gas mask of some type, possibly for a fire fighting respirator or a full chemical suit with a mask included in the ensemble. When I first saw the listing, I thought it was a parachute bag, but the interior is configured for a standard gas mask. The white fleece compartment is typical of most standard Soviet gas mask bags and the external pocket is sized the same as the decontamination kit pocket on standard sized, early soviet gas mask bags.

It might possibly be for a horse gas mask, but I don't thing so. There is no part of a horse gas mask that would require the fleece compartment, and the decon kit would be too small to be of any use on a horse. Is there a Soviet gas suit for a dog like the one the Germans had?

This bag is made ​​of a Lend-Lease materials in USSR

The bag cannot be Lend-Lease, it is two years too early for that assuming the stamp is real. To me it certainly looks correct. This brighter green is not unheard of on Soviet material especially in the prewar. For example, I have a 1929 dated Plasch that is nearly the same color. This closures on the bag are of a type that the American army adopted around WW1, but are not American made. These type closures can be found on standard Soviet gas mask bags as well... and also on German parachute bags.

Quote by Moonswalker View Post
    This bag is made ​​of a Lend-Lease materials in USSR
    Lend and lease with a stamp of 1939 ? Don't the lend and lease begin after the Jun 22 1941 ?

Then can not do anything this thing in the USSR in 1939 .. 80% fake

before the start of the war the army was supplied under the statute
    I have a suspicion that someone has overdone, making fake ...

If the button (with a star) plastic, then just fake! plastic buttons makes the U.S. to the USSR after 1941

The button is not in plastic, it's rusty metal.

Then why in the USSR American thing before the war? If its good enough then. + in the army that could not be!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast