Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic

Article about: Original bag, the lift dot buttons and it's construction says me it's a airforces or most probably paratroopers bag

?

Default Re: unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic

Original bag, the lift dot buttons and it's construction says me it's a airforces or most probably paratroopers bag
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic
    P
    Many

This landing bag not USSR!
    original photo in unform airborne RKKA
    unknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relicunknow russian bag, barbarossa's relic

Dimas,

I agree the bag is original as well, but look at the white fleece compartment on the interior. To me this suggests gas equipment. Do you know of any larger gas mask type item such as a fireman's breather that might have fit in a bag like this as still required the fleece lined compartment for a rubber mask? Such lift dot buttons were also used on standard army gas mask bags as well as on parachute bags.

Here is the standard configuration gas mask bag I showed a couple years ago with the same type fasteners.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equip...steners-29613/

Original RKKA gas mask bag

Yes, that is one type of original RKKA gas mask bag. The bags follow a couple of basic designs, but the variations are almost innumerable. I am not suggesting that the strange bag that started this thread is a standard type. It is for something else.

that bag not relevant the Red Army until 1942!

I regret I do not understand this last comment?

Which bag? The one in my link or the one you post?

Yours bag similar Soviet bag 1928 (like british bag)

But very close Type "А" equipment 1955

But yours with side pockets, it is quite possible production after 1942 with Lend-Lease materials

Understood, but will kindly disagree with your assessment. The bag in my link is, in my opinion, 100% Soviet constructed. The factory stamp with a 1939 date is legitimate and quite typical of those found in these prewar/early war era bags. The lift dot fasteners are similar to, but not identical to the American manufactured types. These nickel plated types are typical of the Soviet made specimens that existed prewar and as you show in your photos, still saw some usage in the post war.

To tie this back to the bag that started this thread, my unspoken point was that the fasteners on my back are likely identical to those on the "mystery bag". Interesting that they both carry early dates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast