Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

An unusual aluminum cup

Article about: Hi everyone! In my little collection of cups, there is also this example: it's made of aluminum, 0.5 lt of capacity (as reported by the stamp on the front side). There are also two more mark

Default An unusual aluminum cup

Hi everyone!

In my little collection of cups, there is also this example: it's made of aluminum, 0.5 lt of capacity (as reported by the stamp on the front side).
    There are also two more markings: one, very fainted, seems to be the (early?) red viborzhets plant stamp. The other, that i never seen in any of my items, is more engraved, of pentagonal shape and brings the ussr coat of arms above the numbers 25 and 1 (maybe the code assigned to the production plant?).
    Could be a field kitchen cup?

Warm regards,
    Gabriele
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An unusual aluminum cup   An unusual aluminum cup  

An unusual aluminum cup   An unusual aluminum cup  

An unusual aluminum cup  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An unusual aluminum cup
    P
    Many

Default Measuring cup

I think the cup is a measuring cup for half a liter. Such measuring cups were used in many countries, for example, by a milk man for the sale of milk (half a liter) to a customer.
    The pentagonal logo can be an approval mark of the Soviet calibration system. Measuring cups, weights, scales etc. used in shops had to be regularly calibrated for their correctness. This calibration was usually carried out by an organization set up by the government.