Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

USSR canteens and covers - short description

Article about: Aluminum canteen, 0.75 liter capacity, produced by the Moscow factory "Metallamp" from 1926 to 1929. The neck was closed with cork stopper. Early models of aluminum canteens, produ

Yes, that's right, Bruno, you were not mistaken )) Model 1971.

Best regards,
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USSR canteens and covers - short description
    P
    Many

?

Great post, really useful. Thank you.

Still so good. A pitty it might be lost if we do not know it exist.
    Might be put as a sticky.

Still looking for the one on the mess kit

Bruno

USSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionJust added these two canteens to my collection.

Are they possibly the Red Vyborzhets plant, Leningrad? I can see part of the Leningrad stamp on one of them

Thank you

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

USSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionJust added these two canteens to my collection.

Are they possibly the Red Vyborzhets plant, Leningrad? I can see part of the Leningrad stamp on one of them

Thank you

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Two nice ones. Congrats! Kaspar is a good and reliable seller with very fair prices.

Thank you

Nick

Hello! That's right, Nick. Good things.
    This is indeed the "Red Vyborzhets" plant, Leningrad.
    Only this single plant produced this aluminium model.

Best regards,
    Michael
    Last edited by dimmuborgir95; 11-28-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Thank you Michael and thank you for a great thread

Nick

Default I may have run across an oddball Soviet Model 1971 Canteen

I was on the search for a Soviet VDV issue canteen mess kit for a while when I ran across this last year. It is only slightly different than all others that I’ve seen as it doesn’t have an external bale and it has a tab and slot on the outside seemingly to hook the pot and cup together and use the same handle possibly for cooking. There are not acceptance marking but aside from the Soviets I can’t find any other similar designs, it’s well made so I don’t think it’s a Chinese copy but I could always be wrong. If anyone can help me identify the country of origin or has any information as to why it’s different that the rest of the model 1971 Soviet issue canteen kits I’ve found I’d be very appreciative. USSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short descriptionUSSR canteens and covers - short description

Hello! This is a "tourist" canteen, USSR. Such canteens were also used by the Cuban army.

https://flyagi.dreamwidth.org/46157.html

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast