Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

what era is this one ?

Article about: Hello I was wondering what era is this belt buckle and belt is from even if i do not know nothing about Soviet equipement i feel like it's a post war but i would love your expertise on it to

Default what era is this one ?

Hello
    I was wondering what era is this belt buckle and belt is from even if i do not know nothing about Soviet equipement i feel like it's a post war but i would love your expertise on it to be sure. I only have this picture
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images what era is this one ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what era is this one ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: what era is this one ?

and this one ? i think it's navy ??
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what era is this one ?   what era is this one ?  

what era is this one ?  

Salut Therese ,

My opinion the buckle is post war , and the second buckle is navy.

Pierre

Early Soviet and Great Patriotic War buckles were attached to the right end of the belt. Circa 1950 they switched to the left end. So the army buckle appears to be post-war, but the navy buckle may well be 1941-1945 issue. The black belt looks good but the keepers may be more recent.

Bien a vous autres.

Pat G.

IS there a definitive answer about the naval buckle? There seem to be contradictory thoughts on this one in this thread. It does clasp in the right hand, which is from my novice reading an early feature, but, It seems to be very much inbetween what I know are late ones (definite post war which have a different more squared shape to the top ring) and early ones. Can somebody provide a more difinitive answer about the naval buckle and belt and what they go for?

I have ONE piece of throw away information that this may be a BULGARIAN buckle, but there is also a slight difference....

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    IS there a definitive answer about the naval buckle?
    This Navy buckle from mid fifties. Production of "right handed" brass buckles continued until 1957.

Quote by vvadim View Post
    This Navy buckle from mid fifties. Production of "right handed" brass buckles continued until 1957.
    The naval belt does indeed appear to be post war and may be Bulgarian. You can get all you want even says unissued here.....

Bulgarian Communist Navy belt, old Soviet model

This is the same belt as in second post. It does have some features that fool me. It buckles on the right hand, the loop at the top of the anchor is more circular as are the ends of the loop just below that. But you will note the pebble finish in that grilled marking (what is that oval symbol with vertical lines just below the top loop?). These are being regularly flogged on that E auction site as Soviet wartime because of the right hand buckle, more oval loop, etc.

There is one being offered however, that looks similar to this one, but seems much more convincing. i'm considering picking it up but I'm hesitant.

This one has been 'pimp shined' but otherwise matches the pictures on the bulgarian site, including the stamp inside the belt. This one is Bulgarian.
    Last edited by meyerse; 08-09-2010 at 03:09 AM.