Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Period RKKA Pilot Goggles

Article about: Hello, I have a question about a pair of Russian pilot goggles I have bought from an ebay auction. I have been looking for a pair of WW2 period RKKA pilot goggles. I will post pics or the li

Default WW2 Period RKKA Pilot Goggles

Hello,
    I have a question about a pair of Russian pilot goggles I have bought from an ebay auction. I have been looking for a pair of WW2 period RKKA pilot goggles. I will post pics or the link below. The goggles look correct ww2 type but have a 57 on the bottom of the zinc frame. The seller told me the 57 is not the date. I will paste below.

"Hello, number 57 is a military factory number not a year. That goggles are war period, it's no doubts. This type of goggles used only during WWII period and one more thing - I got the goggles from veteran's family whо demobilized in 1947.
    But it's nevermind if you want to return the goggles it's no problems. Ship it back I will refund money after receiving."

IMO the 57 is a date, or is it a factory number? Does anyone else know? I would like to have some other opinions please.

ATTACH=CONFIG]646732[/ATTACH]WW2 Period RKKA Pilot GogglesWW2 Period RKKA Pilot GogglesWW2 Period RKKA Pilot GogglesWW2 Period RKKA Pilot Goggles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Period RKKA Pilot Goggles  
    Last edited by RKKA pilot; 02-15-2014 at 02:56 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Period RKKA Pilot Goggles
    P
    Many

?

57 could be the mold number. I have a pair from the 70's, same design, different colored rubber, and i recall it having a date near the top (where your brow would be) and some other number/code elsewhere. Will check tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply Nitram. There is no number on the rubber, the number is on the bottom of the frame.

Hi Barry, they look ok to me? But this is really outside my collecting experience and interests.

I would only say the 57 was a year marking if it had the letter "r" after it. But I think a date mark and nothing else would be unusual?

If the pattern is correct, I would keep them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

OK thanks Ade.
    barry

RKKA PILOT.................To the best of my knowledge,the wide rubber face pad and air vents are WW 2 vintage...the post war goggles have a narrow face pad and no air vents..........Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Period RKKA Pilot Goggles   WW2 Period RKKA Pilot Goggles  

Yes, I agree. Thanks Dave.