Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?

Article about: Hi, a couple cigarette lighter pics to share. I got these both from the same seller a few months apart. surprised he came up with another exactly the same. Has anybody seen one of these befo

comrade coffin
    ?

Default Re: WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?

Here are my repro lighters. The first 2 pictures are of my prototype & the one I carry as a 'pocket item' when I portray a WW2 Krasnyaiamiets. The 3rd pic is of an almost-finished replica using an original Soviet case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?   WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?  

WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?  

2. # ADS

Comrade Coffin has a point, weren't the russian war time shell cases copper washed steel? All the live ammo I have that is Russian war time 1943-45 dated is copper washed steel. I see these on e-bay, (4) lighters for $45.00 US! I am still skeptical, but that is my nature and how I survive, good or bad.

Quote by Markratz1 View Post
    Comrade Coffin has a point, weren't the russian war time shell cases copper washed steel? All the live ammo I have that is Russian war time 1943-45 dated is copper washed steel. I see these on e-bay, (4) lighters for $45.00 US! I am still skeptical, but that is my nature and how I survive, good or bad.
    Hi, what are you trying to say here...I do not understand your point "I see these on e-bay, (4) lighters for $45.00 US! I am still skeptical" but that is my nature......."

As far as all Soviet wartime 7.62x54r cases being copper washed steel, I am not really sure about this, maybe another member might have an answer. I know that the two Tokarev casings on my lighters are brass, 43 & 44 dates.

Regards, Steve

My comment about being skeptical is referring to the Ebay listing and whether or not the lighters for sale there are indeed wartime or simply well done after market produced ones. With the world wide economical situation, people can be very inovative when it comes to satisfying we the collectors! That is all, so I try to be cautious even when something looks appealing and shut off the emotions.

As far as the Russian wartime ammo with copper washed steel verus brass. I Really don't know, I'm sure any and every type was used. I will look into it, have a contact at the US Arsenal Museum at Rock Island, Illinois. Will ask around there and some other ammo collectors. Now I'm curious about it. All my examples are copper washed, but that is only a couple hundred rounds from multi millions that were produced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2