Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?

Article about: Hi, a couple cigarette lighter pics to share. I got these both from the same seller a few months apart. surprised he came up with another exactly the same. Has anybody seen one of these befo

Default WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?

Hi, a couple cigarette lighter pics to share. I got these both from the same seller a few months apart. surprised he came up with another exactly the same.

Has anybody seen one of these before? Both are made with WW2 dated Russian ammo, TT-33 Tokarev, and 7.62x54r Mosin-Nagant bullet casings.

I like these and was wondering if anyone has one or has seen the same lighters. Maybe they were popular with the soldiers?? Supplied to them maybe??

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?   WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?  

WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?   WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?  

WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?   WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 Soviet Cigarette Lighters-Have You Seen These?

Hi Steve, I have seen lighters of thos style before. The basic designed by used by many soldiers, not only in the Soviet Army but even in the British Army.

One of the lads in our LH group, NIck, and forum member here ("Comrade Coffin") has made some repros of these for group members.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, I have seen lighters of thos style before. The basic designed by used by many soldiers, not only in the Soviet Army but even in the British Army.

One of the lads in our LH group, NIck, and forum member here ("Comrade Coffin") has made some repros of these for group members.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade sure, I have some with other countries bullet casings. A very popular type of ciggy (fag) lighter HaHa Funny Brits!

Unfortunate, but I am a one of those terrible people who smoke still, so I have collected lighters for long time and have quite a few.

I wonder who made these during the war, or if made wartime. They are old and not repros I think. Both came from a friend in the Poland area.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve, I am certain these are wartime originals.

As far as I know they were trench art and not a "commercial" product.

Cheers, Ade.

?

the patrons are from 1940 and 1944 aren't they? maybe mosin nagants? and the smallers are for pps?

edit: sorry i haven't read the first comment...

Quote by nobody View Post
    the patrons are from 1940 and 1944 aren't they? maybe mosin nagants? and the smallers are for pps?

edit: sorry i haven't read the first comment...
    OK, typed this up just now before I saw this.

Hi, Good eye, Yes the Rifle casings are 7.62mmx54r for the Mosin-Nagant rifles, and the pistol casing is for the TT-## Tokarev pistol 7.62mmx25mm, NOT for the German 7.65mm PP or PPK pistols.

The pistol casings are dated '43 & '44, and you are correct the large casings are dated '40 & '44. The "17" on both of the large rifle casings is the factory code number. I do not know what the other small mark is on one of the large casings.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, I am certain these are wartime originals.

As far as I know they were trench art and not a "commercial" product.

Cheers, Ade.
    They must have been made by the same guy then, they are exact except dates of casings.

Steve

comrade coffin
    ?

Nice pics - I'm glad they resemble the ones I make so closely.

They may have been made by different people though- as there realy are not that many other ways that you can make a lighter form a single bullet case.

The photo of the top where the string comes out is very useful - I left the tops of mine 'open', and the fuel tended to evaporate quickly.

Quote by comrade coffin View Post
    Nice pics - I'm glad they resemble the ones I make so closely.

They may have been made by different people though- as there realy are not that many other ways that you can make a lighter form a single bullet case.

The photo of the top where the string comes out is very useful - I left the tops of mine 'open', and the fuel tended to evaporate quickly.
    Hi, thanks. The lighters at top are filled with lead or solder.

Please post a pic of yours you make, are they Russian casings you use?

Regards, Steve

comrade coffin
    ?

are they Russian casings you use?
    Yes - & I try to make sure that they are the old copper-washed steel cases - the one I have kept is my dodgy old prototype made from a brass case, but I think I have one 'new' one nearly finished that I'll dig out of myy tool box & take a photo of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast