Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Classified ads - Sales /Wanted section tutorial

Article about: NEED HELP! Hi I went to edit something on my listing for a black wound badge and couldn't find any price info. When i closed out, it removed my currency and my shipping cost. What did I do w

Hi Wharf...you can place an add in the "Want ads" section of the classifieds. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

How is a seller notified about - or contacted by - a buyer of his sale items?

A notification should be sent to your email..and also you can check your ad periodically.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry. I guess I have become an "Old Fart", used to being 'spoon-fed' by the Ebay system.

Amazing system we have here....that also notifies you when someone has replied to a thread you may have started or a post you made..directed to your email. You came to the right place..alot of Old Farts here. "Welcome to the 50 and up Club !!

I had an item up for sale by auction. It did not sell and the auction is now closed, but the item is still being displayed in the Classified section.
    I now want to re-advertise the item for sale with a lower 'Buy it now@ price. How do I do this ?

?

I'm new to the forum, so please excuse me if I have missed something silly. I have however listed a Heer belt buckle today and it was purchased a short while later. However, I had selected GBP as the payment currency and yet the buyer's payment came through in USD. Clearly the difference in value is significant and so I have already refunded the buyer and have written to them in parallel. Please can the forum fix the error and reopen the listing or advise otherwise on how to address the issue? Many thanks, Tim

Quote by tjm160 View Post
    I'm new to the forum, so please excuse me if I have missed something silly. I have however listed a Heer belt buckle today and it was purchased a short while later. However, I had selected GBP as the payment currency and yet the buyer's payment came through in USD. Clearly the difference in value is significant and so I have already refunded the buyer and have written to them in parallel. Please can the forum fix the error and reopen the listing or advise otherwise on how to address the issue? Many thanks, Tim
    I would think that the buyer should have realised this.
    I would think it would be as simple as contacting the buyer and asking him to make the payment as per your sales thread. If the payment was made through pay pal, he is able to select whichever currency he wants.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

That would have been my assumption also Ralph. Equally, why would they even be able to change currency between the forum and PayPal. I've not encountered that in any other PayPal transactions I've made with links to PayPal from the host web site. If this can happen, this would appear unique to this web site and a flaw in the process.

?

The buyer has indeed confirmed that the currency got changed somewhere in the transition between the forum and PayPal. We are working around in this case, but the forum may wish to address the error to avoid problems for future transactions.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast