Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exploding OPA Beer Can

Article about: So I was sitting at my laptop posting those pic's of my display with the new ones that John Colorized, and all of a sudden, I hear what sounded like somebody popped a balloon behind me. POP!

?

Default Exploding OPA Beer Can

So I was sitting at my laptop posting those pic's of my display with the new ones that John Colorized, and all of a sudden, I hear what sounded like somebody popped a balloon behind me. A LOUD POP!

I turn around expecting one of my son's laughing, But nobody was in the room. So I start looking for something that fell of the wall, Nope! Then I check to see if something electrical popped, Nope. Then I check the freezer in case one of the kids put a soda can in there. Nope. So I head over towards my sliding glass door to see if somethings hit the window or something outside made the noise....Nope...
    But when I'm near the door and next to my display case I smell beer and then I see a drip from the edge of my display case. I look on top and see this.
    I quit drinking but when I became an Opa, My daughter bought this for me. So I put it on top of my display case near my helmets and my Dads K of C sword.
    Its not hot in this room or indirect sun light , It is an OPA beer( Oatmeal Pale Ale) I guess it fermented or something.
    Now this has been up there for a year and a half . It didn't get all over much, just a little splat on the German helmet and ran under the K of C sword case. WEIRD!!!

Click to enlarge to see how this ripped open.

Exploding OPA Beer Can
    Exploding OPA Beer Can

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

How 'Uncanny'..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    How 'Uncanny'..
    LMAO!!! Good one G!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quite an internal pressure buildup to rip a hole that size-looks like a helmet exit wound! Wonder what they'd think at the San Antone brewery?

That is weird Phil. I have seen several bottle caps do that from home brewing but never a can. It may be worth calling the brewery to find out what happened but then why cry over spilled beer. At least is did not damage anything.
    John

?

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Maybe I will send a pic to their customer service and see what they have to say.

I am glad that the splatter was minimal and my Dad's sword was in it carrying case. So clean up was just a couple wipe downs and then had to spray it down with some windex to kill the smell. That Oatmeal beer stunk!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

"OPAlling" waste of beer Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Maybe I will send a pic to their customer service and see what they have to say.

I am glad that the splatter was minimal and my Dad's sword was in it carrying case. So clean up was just a couple wipe downs and then had to spray it down with some windex to kill the smell. That Oatmeal beer stunk!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    You can have them send the free replacement case to me....since you don't drink this anymore!

If it was a live yeast beer it's not out of the realm of possibility. But I've only seen live yeast beer being sold in Champaign style bottles with corks and wire wraps (and the glass it THICK)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Good one DB!!!!LOL!!

Michael,
    I may have stopped drinking , But my oldest son is into Pale Ale's. I think it ***** but he likes them!!!

He always tries the latest and greatest, Some of the weird shit too!!!

He bought over a chocolate beer once??????? I don't know, he must get that from his mother

I did send Ranger Creek brewery of San Antonio and email yesterday with pic's attached. I'll let ya know what they say.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Michael,
    I may have stopped drinking , But my oldest son is into Pale Ale's. I think it ***** but he likes them!!!

He always tries the latest and greatest, Some of the weird shit too!!!

He bought over a chocolate beer once??????? I don't know, he must get that from his mother

I did send Ranger Creek brewery of San Antonio and email yesterday with pic's attached. I'll let ya know what they say.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    People laugh but lately all I drink is ice cold Miller High Life! 12 ounces and very light. LoL.

But I do have a case or two of the fancy stuff (and yes...one is Chocolate). I just don't drink it anymore. Too heavy. These have been down in the basement for way too long.

Exploding OPA Beer Can
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast