Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

Article about: by Glenn66 Any way we can tell when our membership is up for renewal? I can't seem to find anything in my account section. You should receive a reminder Glenn. Regards, Carl

Default Re: The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

Did'nt Peter Sellers star in the "Pink Panzer" movies?

?

I don't mind the 'what's it worth' questions. It can be a bit annoying when an established poster can't be bothered to do the leg work and find out a price but when a newcomer who has just inherited a collection or Grandpa's souvenirs turns up on the site for help I would like to think we can offer that.
    As I always point out when giving a value, it is subjective, depending on many factors. However, if someone wants a value on an item they found in an inheritance, why not give them one. The person might not know the first thing about or have any interest in wartime memorabilia, sure it's easy to say "it's one of those, google it", what happens if they end up at Snyder's for example or fall into the hands of another unscrupulous character that rips them off. Personnally I prefer to give an honest price range for them to work to so they know what they're dealing with.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian...I was not going to give valuations anymore, used to gladly, but I felt a little aggrieved when a certain someone extracted the urine on the last one I gave, which was on a WW1 cammo helmet, getting it at the low end price I had recommended, and then listing it here.... at an outragous price soon after ! spoilt it for everybody else ! so I thought no more valuations, lesson learnt !...I understand your last paragraph, so I suppose I am being a little harsh with the above whinge, I shall in future judge on merit (as you say) and not just give out values willy nilly ! Prost ! Steve.

?

Was it a necessity to make us............................pink

Quote by oradour View Post
    Adrian...I was not going to give valuations anymore, used to gladly, but I felt a little aggrieved when a certain someone extracted the urine on the last one I gave, which was on a WW1 cammo helmet, getting it at the low end price I had recommended, and then listing it here.... at an outragous price soon after ! spoilt it for everybody else ! so I thought no more valuations, lesson learnt !...I understand your last paragraph, so I suppose I am being a little harsh with the above whinge, I shall in future judge on merit (as you say) and not just give out values willy nilly ! Prost ! Steve.
    I remember that one. Bought it for $275 and then advertised it here for $475 dropping in increments to an eventual $350 before it all went quiet. I understand your thoughts on this Steve, it's bad form, but then again the lads only a teenager....Perhaps he'll learn.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well, Walkwolf went Green, CONGRADS Steve!!!

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Well, Walkwolf went Green, CONGRADS Steve!!!
    Did he got mad over something???
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Did he got mad over something???
    No, I beileve he became a moderator

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Unfortunately we seem to have had quite a bit of that going on lately Steve !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    No, I beileve he became a moderator
    The last resource to get rid of that pink ...he must have thinked!!!

Just jocking!!
    Congratulations Steve!

cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast