Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Great great film!

Article about: Hello gentlemen. Just a hint to a great film many of our US friends perhaps dont know of.. The movie: Under sandet ( Danish ) Land of Mine ( English ) Unter dem Sand ( German ) Land of Mine

Default Great great film!

Hello gentlemen.

Just a hint to a great film many of our US friends perhaps dont know of..
    The movie: Under sandet ( Danish )
    Land of Mine ( English )
    Unter dem Sand ( German )

Land of Mine (Danish: Under sandet, lit. 'Under the Sand') is a 2015 Danish-German historical drama war film directed by Martin Zandvliet. It was shown in the Platform section of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival. It was selected and nominated for the Best Foreign Language Film category at the 89th Academy Awards. The film is inspired by real events and tells the story of German prisoners of war sent to clear land mines in Denmark after World War II. It is estimated that over 2,000 German soldiers, including numerous teenagers, were forced, against the regulations of the Geneva Conventions, to remove mines, with nearly half of them either getting killed or losing their limbs to explosions.

A really tough and moving film that shows what a lot of the HJ boys etc. Was used for after the end of the war..
    my warmest recommendations on this movie.

?

I remember watching it about 2 years ago. Really good movie I agree!

I'll look out for it.

I watched it on Amazon TV last year and liked it a lot, especially Roland Møller's intense, layered performance as Sergeant Rasmussen.

I remember seeing a review of this and it looks really good. As it's on Netflix I will watch it this weekend.
    Thanks Ulle.

EDIT: On Amazon Prime, but not Netflix. So i'll have to find someone with an account to watch this.
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 02-02-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I watched it on Amazon TV last year and liked it a lot, especially Roland Møller's intense, layered performance as Sergeant Rasmussen.
    Could not agree more.. Roland Møller deliveres a subliminal performance portraying Sgt. Rasmussen..
    Well described Andreas

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I remember seeing a review of this and it looks really good. As it's on Netflix I will watch it this weekend.
    Thanks Ulle.
    And yes.. forgot to say it is on Netflix

Thanks Ulle.
    I am sure you will like it!

It seems unfortunately it is not on Netflix UK yet but is on other countries.
    I also want to catch 'The Captain' (Der Hauptmann) when that is available - looks excellent.
    Nick

It seems unfortunately it is not on Netflix UK yet but is on other countries.
    I also want to catch 'The Captain' (Der Hauptmann) when that is available - looks excellent.
    Nick
    Nick you can try amazon.co.uk
    It is on there..

Just saw your older post now with the edit
    Ok so it is on amazon prime then!