Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hippie/Woodstock helmet

Article about: Fun little helmet that I recently picked up. The helmet is linked to Woodstock, the great concert in history of the hippie generation. The owner lived in Boston and a Unknown band from Bosto

Default Hippie/Woodstock helmet

Fun little helmet that I recently picked up. The helmet is linked to Woodstock, the great concert in history of the hippie generation. The owner lived in Boston and a Unknown band from Boston called Quill preformed during the drug fest called Woodstock.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hippie/Woodstock helmet   Hippie/Woodstock helmet  

Hippie/Woodstock helmet   Hippie/Woodstock helmet  

Hippie/Woodstock helmet   Hippie/Woodstock helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice, if you scour the the old film footage you maybe able to spot it in the crowd?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice, if you scour the the old film footage you maybe able to spot it in the crowd?
    I have looked and looked with no luck so far.

Marty

MAP
    ?

That's a neat piece. From War to Peace
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    That's a neat piece. From War to Peace
    You and I are just a year or two apart in age and both can remember those times. It was a interesting purchase and one not seen very often and for the most not that desirable to collect but different none the less.

Marty

CBH
    ?

There was a hippie helmet posted here some years ago that got some negative replies, for what it represented. I disagreed wholeheartedly as I considered it culturally significant. Theses are rarely seen today and reflex a short moment in time that should be remembered. You should attempt to document it as best you can. It might not be a military collectable in the classic sense, but it is still collectable as a cultural relic of a bygone era. Thanks for sharing.

Quote by CBH View Post
    There was a hippie helmet posted here some years ago that got some negative replies, for what it represented. I disagreed wholeheartedly as I considered it culturally significant. Theses are rarely seen today and reflex a short moment in time that should be remembered. You should attempt to document it as best you can. It might not be a military collectable in the classic sense, but it is still collectable as a cultural relic of a bygone era. Thanks for sharing.
    I agree that this is an historical/cultural curio in its' own right even if it isn't "pure" militaria. To me this is just like the many French bayonets brought back to English ports from the Napoleonic Wars and turned into fireplace companion sets (valuable antiques now!) long before the days of "up-cycling" derelict furniture into modern "shabby chic"

It is certainly a conversation piece. Even if many people today have never heard of Woodstock and think that they invented the pop/rock festival phenomenon

Regards

Mark

PS Anybody have a Hells Angels M35?
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-16-2019 at 01:58 PM. Reason: PS
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Flower Power! - Vietnam Protest Helmet Liner

The other thread concerning a hippie piece and it was heated.

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the reference, I stand by what I said in the other post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast