Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Learning to Colorize Photos

Article about: Hi friends, I wanted to share some of my first colorized pictures. I'm learning on a free trial of Photoshop so I might need to buy a subscription to it since I'm having fun. Its a nice ment

Default Learning to Colorize Photos

Hi friends, I wanted to share some of my first colorized pictures. I'm learning on a free trial of Photoshop so I might need to buy a subscription to it since I'm having fun. Its a nice mental escape because I really get into it.

Hope you guys enjoy,
    -John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Learning to Colorize Photos   Learning to Colorize Photos  

MAP
    ?

Very nice. The first one is fantastic IMHO

Wish I had that helmet lol
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice job John. You did very well on the Screaming eagle pic. It looks as if it was taken yesterday and really brings it to life.
    There was another member here who was doing it and he did one of my Uncle Joe and the B-17 crew in front the Damned Yankee II after a bombing mission. and my avatar which is my Uncle.But He hasn't been around for a while.
    Very Cool
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys! I loved how the Market Garden pic turned out too.

I remember a few years ago there were a lot of posts regarding these colorizations. I still recall trying it back then and giving up due to its difficulty.

I also learned how to fix damages on photos as well. It’s not military related but here is a photo of my great great grandparents. It was damaged during a fire many years ago. I refurbished it digitally for my mother.

If you guys have any damaged photos I can attempt to repair them. I can also attempt to colorize a photo but I wont make any guarantees that the result will be breathtaking or if I am even able to do it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Learning to Colorize Photos  

?

If you are offering. I do have one that was colorized by BillT and Klassylady here but they have not been back. What I found out is that some of the B-17 crew are wearing the Blue bunny suit (Heated flight suit) but was colored green like coveralls, Let me find that pic and if you could work your magic. I would bee very grateful

No problem Phil, shoot it over to me in a PM and I’ll see what I can do. I’ll work on it tomorrow when I get a chance.

?

Learning to Colorize Photos On this one the TSgt Stuhl far right bottom row. He is wearing the blue bunny suit and third guy over, middle, That's Phil Chaperon. he gave me this pic in BW. his v neck under the coveralls should be also the blue bunny suit with green collar. My uncle is between Phil and TSgt Stuhl

Added this so you could see what I was talking about
    I haven't figured out how to attach images on PM yet so here they are.
    I have another pic but didn't want to push it!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-12-2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: removed pic, asking to much!!

Is this what you are hoping for? Let me know if you want anything changed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Learning to Colorize Photos  

?

BAM!!!! Thank you John that is exactly what I was hoping for. Your awesome!!!!! That is now saved !!!
    I do have another pic of my Great uncle. Could you see what you could do???
    I posted it above but thought that was to much,
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Heres another one, I highlighted the name a bit better and changed the runway so its not purple.

Go ahead and post your other image and I can see if I can do anything with it!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast