Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Learning to Colorize Photos

Article about: Hi friends, I wanted to share some of my first colorized pictures. I'm learning on a free trial of Photoshop so I might need to buy a subscription to it since I'm having fun. Its a nice ment

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    You do excellent work
    I'm still using a 12 year old version of Photoshop. One where you actually bought the
    disk. No monthly charges.
    Thank you! I downloaded a free older version of Photoshop. It works but it was really slow and it didn't have all the features I use. That made it tough to follow along while watching YouTube tutorials. I did notice on other sites, people will charge to colorize photos (one person was $20 minimum ). I think that's how they cover monthly fees and make a profit. I'm just doing it for fun and if it brings enjoyment to people then I don't mind the monthly 10 bucks. Also, 10 bucks is nothing in our hobby so its no big deal.

Fantastic work ! These new pictures really bring the war to life, amazing !
    Regards
    Paul

MAP
    ?

You do excellent work
    I'm still using a 12 year old version of Photoshop. One where you actually bought the
    ***** that that option doesn't exist anymore. I would love to use Photoshop for editing but can't justify the cost (even at $10 a month). I'm not being cheap, it's just that the value isn't there. A shame really. They should at least sell a stripped down version for the "occasional user".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Must say that there are cracked versions out there.

Quote by MAP View Post
    ***** that that option doesn't exist anymore. I would love to use Photoshop for editing but can't justify the cost (even at $10 a month). I'm not being cheap, it's just that the value isn't there. A shame really. They should at least sell a stripped down version for the "occasional user".
    If you look on youtube there are "sketchy" ways to get older versions of Photoshop for free. I watched one and got a older version for free. The older program works but I personally didn't care for it. I really wish Adobe would let me just buy the program permanently rather than doing the monthly fee. Even if it was $100 Id buy it.

?

You do excellent work
    Lol this is exactly what I was using. When you buy the disk, they allow you to download it on 3 different devices/computers. Honestly the older versions are plenty enough to get by

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Thank you! I downloaded a free older version of Photoshop. It works but it was really slow and it didn't have all the features I use. That made it tough to follow along while watching YouTube tutorials. I did notice on other sites, people will charge to colorize photos (one person was $20 minimum ). I think that's how they cover monthly fees and make a profit. I'm just doing it for fun and if it brings enjoyment to people then I don't mind the monthly 10 bucks. Also, 10 bucks is nothing in our hobby so its no big deal.
    I completely understand.
    I'm not trying to do anything as complex as you are. I'm just mainly tweaking photos or
    adding new backgrounds.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

I completely understand.
    I'm not trying to do anything as complex as you are. I'm just mainly tweaking photos or
    adding new backgrounds.
    And I have not found a competitors version (at a decent price) that does what you do. I have a few that I use (e.g. PhotoPad), but they are really really basic.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    And I have not found a competitors version (at a decent price) that does what you do. I have a few that I use (e.g. PhotoPad), but they are really really basic.
    I think GIMP is free? I believe it does everything that Photoshop can do. Don't quote me on that though...

Here was a neat one I just got done with for a user on a different forum. This is his father serving in the occupation of Japan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Learning to Colorize Photos  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast