Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Photography and Possible Camera Upgrade Help Please

Article about: I currently us a point and shoot Canon 12 megapixel camera for ease of use and I am not too savvy. My pictures are not near as good as many others are taking. I know there are many reasons f

Default Photography and Possible Camera Upgrade Help Please

I currently us a point and shoot Canon 12 megapixel camera for ease of use and I am not too savvy. My pictures are not near as good as many others are taking. I know there are many reasons for this but lighting and knowledge are most likely the primaries. I am considering a Cyber Monday Cannon Rebel T7 package. Does anyone have any trouble with the photo up-loader processing large size files taken by the 24 megapixel cameras? Does anyone currently use the Canon T7 and could comment on taking macro photos as this seems to be one of the trouble spots for a point and shoot. Thank you for looking and taking time to respond to a rather boring question.
    John

MAP
    ?

Missed this one John.

Yes, this is a problem but every easily solved. Just get an image resizer program. The software with your Cannon should be able to do this but to be honest, the one I like the best is Freeware (no viruses)

It's called Fast Image Resizer. Super easy to use. Drag and drop. One or dozens of photos. Easy to pick your resolution as well. If I can use it anyone can.

Fast Image Resizer - Download

The Canon T7 will do fine. Maybe even overkill. As you note, lighting and practice (and a tripod) are the key to good photos. Play with the macro function and you will get the hang of it. My photography skills are really bad as well but I just play around with the settings. With macro photo's it's all about getting the right depth of field (and again you need a tripod). Eventually you might want to get a dedicated macro lens for those really really close up photos. But go to a camera store and ask about what macro lens is right for you. There are different types.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you MAP. Great info.
    Threads are easy to miss without the new post feature working like it did before.
    John

I was hoping to upgrade from my Nikon coolpix a few years ago so I
    went out and bought a Cannon EOS. I still use my Nikon Coolpix for
    close up shots. My Cannon $ucks for Macro photography.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you Greg. I am going to go over to National Camera Exchange and see what they recommend. Try to buy something used if I can. If nothing, I am going to West Photo; a step above but they may have something used that will work.
    John

John,
    When I bought my Nikon, I went online looking for "Cameras that take good Macro"
    I spent a couple days sifting through pages of articles so when I came time to spend
    money, I had some sort of an idea of what I was looking for.

I miss my old Cannon AE-1. Terrific camera but waiting 10 days to get film developed
    was a total pain.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I have a Panasonic DMC FZ7.
    The older ones utilized a Leica lens and are 6.0 MP. I have no problem with focusing close, or far.
    The macro function works better than the Cannon that I looked at when I was buying. (This is what I was after at the time).
    Here is what appears to be a nice used one for $100.
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 6.0 MP Digital Camera with a Leica | Etsy
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph.
    John

I ended up with a Olympus TG 6. Does a really nice job on very close shots with micro feature. We will see if my photos improve. The truth is in the results.
    John

?

I use a 14mp Pentax SR pocket camera for close ups , Had it for 6 or 7 years now.
    The best thing about is the Macro and Super Macro function.
    Point and Shoot , Auto Focus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast