Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Steves' book

Article about: Steve (HARRY THE MOLE) wrote a most interesting book on his experience in the army. Engaged in war in Ireland in the early 70's. I got tired of books on Normandy & Russia, thought I woul

Got 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown' too!
    But no chance anyone will get my copy before I die,.... it is a signed one !! ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    But no chance anyone will get my copy before I die,.... it is a signed one !! ;-)
    Those signed copies are worth a small fortune Kris... I didn't get to sign my own copy!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Those signed copies are worth a small fortune Kris...
    I know!!! ;-)

.... I didn't get to sign my own copy!
    shall I sign yours?? ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

And why not Kris? I couldn't think of a better person than you.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Put a scan of your signature and I'll fake ot in my copy.....lol
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Could not get it signed. His thumb is all messed up (hopefully feeling better) from the gun incident, so I had to live with out the signature
    D.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Put a scan of your signature and I'll fake ot in my copy.....lol
    There you go Jerry... copy and paste. But seriously though, if anyone wants a signed dedication for their book... just send me a PM or email with your address and I will be happy to oblige.

Cheers,
    Steve

Steves' book

Steve, you ever been back to the province since your last tour?
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    Steve, you ever been back to the province since your last tour?
    Hi Paul,

When I was writing 'A Tough Nut To Crack', I was in touch with the 'Peace Centre' here in Warrington. It was they that put me in touch with a former Provisional IRA/INLA gunman who originally offered to help with the book. The Peace Centre also offered to take me over to Belfast on a visit, but I declined. It is sad to say, but also true, that the British soldier is still very much hated by the certain sections of the Catholic community, and it would be foolhardy to go around the estates on a sightseeing trip without some kind of protection - something that the Peace centre said would be done if I chose to go. The Republicans view us as 'murderers' rather than a force which was originally sent in to protect them, and it is best to stay away. I have toured around Andersonstown and New Lodge on 'Google Earth' in street view, and I can still locate where many of the incidents took place, but much of the area has now changed beyond recognition. A lot changes in 46 years!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Hi Paul,

When I was writing 'A Tough Nut To Crack', I was in touch with the 'Peace Centre' here in Warrington. It was they that put me in touch with a former Provisional IRA/INLA gunman who originally offered to help with the book. The Peace Centre also offered to take me over to Belfast on a visit, but I declined. It is sad to say, but also true, that the British soldier is still very much hated by the certain sections of the Catholic community, and it would be foolhardy to go around the estates on a sightseeing trip without some kind of protection - something that the Peace centre said would be done if I chose to go. The Republicans view us as 'murderers' rather than a force which was originally sent in to protect them, and it is best to stay away. I have toured around Andersonstown and New Lodge on 'Google Earth' in street view, and I can still locate where many of the incidents took place, but much of the area has now changed beyond recognition. A lot changes in 46 years!

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Thank God !! The one pic you in your book of that hellish st. in Andersonstown was exactly how I pictured it. The pic of the "row houses" where the barricades were set was just so depressing.
    D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast