Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

499/41 Zimmerman skull (cone-style)

Article about: I came across this skull on eBay, and I thought I'd share it with the group as an example of an authentic Zimmerman 499/41 CupAl skull with the cone-style prong attachment points. The pictur

Default 499/41 Zimmerman skull (cone-style)

I came across this skull on eBay, and I thought I'd share it with the group as an example of an authentic Zimmerman 499/41 CupAl skull with the cone-style prong attachment points. The pictures are not great, but we can still see all the characteristics of the Zimmerman style. Note the beveled eyes with the cleft in the bottom edge of the left socket, the contoured left side of the nose hole, and the unique teeth (which, in my opinion, seem like a "middle ground" between those of a Deschler and an Overhoff). On the backside we see the proper maker mark, with the "closed" 4's. The prong attachment cones are clearly defined by a uniform circle that surrounds each of them, and the prongs themselves are tapered on both edges, rather than cut along the diagonal. The edges of the skull itself display the proper variances in thickness, and the skull shows no signs of being cast.

In case any of you are feeling a little blue today, here's a little something to make you laugh: the seller's asking price for this piece is $3,000!!! Despite the ridiculous price tag, this is still a beautiful skull, and I thought these pictures might be useful for those of us who research these items.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 499/41 Zimmerman skull (cone-style)
    P
    Many

Odd that the prongs are silver also? I think this little fella has had a respray.

Nice piece