Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!

Article about: Hey fellas! Merry Christmas! Just had a question for all u experts! I just got my reproduction ss allgemeine visor in the mail and Im having a tough time getting out the eagle to replace it

Default Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!

Hey fellas!
    Merry Christmas!
    Just had a question for all u experts!
    I just got my reproduction ss allgemeine visor in the mail and Im having a tough time getting out the eagle to replace it with a nicer one but the prongs are inside the fabric of the cap . The skull prongs are exposed on the inside of the sweatband so I have access to them for me pry it out, but the eagle has no exposed prongs. I hope what I wrote makes sense. Can anyone help? I just got this on reddick militaria who sells the German made repos. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!

Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Examples of original cap insignia that have not been disturbed, or disturbed much.....

Since my goal is to collect caps intact, I am not in the habit of man handling badges which cost a fortune.

I can suggest a pliers to you or something similar to remove the unwanted insignia. The Hoheitszeichen can become affixed through the watting, metal, and other material that supports the crown/cap cover as attached to the cap band.

similar to the kokade on bw caps the eagle will be between the fabric and the inside clothe just yank the one you don't want and insert the new one making sure that the new eagle doesn't go though the cloth inside only the fabric

well said. The front of the cap with the crown has several layers, in fact, which can impede the addition or removal of insignia.

Thanks for the info fellas!
    I just think the eagle insignia that was assembled to the visor is ugly, so I wanted to switch it out. If I do take the risk of tearing the fabric by pulling it out then I better be careful. But I think I may just play it safe and let it be. Thanks again.

Good luck.

Use a small slim flat bladed screw driver(such as an eyeglass repair type or something equally thin and flat) and gently slip the tip behind the eagle until it is Between the prong and the eagle-then turn/twist the blade of the screw driver until it has "opened" the prong abit- enough to slip it out of the fabric. Once you get the first one, the rest will be simple. Just be very careful, is all. Once you tear the fabric, it's pretty much downhill from there on in! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Allgemeine repo visor issue. Please help! Thank you!Well put Wag, and if you feel through the material inside sometimes its possible to feel the prongs and get your finger tip on the point and gently pry it up , i swapped mine out and had no problems at all, just remember when your fitting your new bird to have the prongs slightly angled to start with or they will want to punch through tour liner.

Phill