Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

another one

Article about: original SS cap skulls are more anatomically correct than the reproductions and as such are more sinister................. I wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night. peer into the eye sock

Default another one

original SS cap skulls are more anatomically correct than the reproductions and as such are more sinister................. I wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night. peer into the eye sockets of this merchant !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another one   another one  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another one
    P
    Many

Default Re: another one

Hi, looks like a very nice original skull.

Cheers, Ade.

pegase001
    ?

hi

I really like it

cheers, pegase001

?

Very nice and very rare.

Lovely.

Maybe one of the cap badge experts here can provide cross references to the existing photo essays on these badges, i.e. the makers and types of said cap badges. The German daggers site was well equipped with this feature, but that was a while ago in a simpler, more congenial world.

Congratulations to the owner of a rare and interesting item.

Why this piece has no RZM or VA contract number while the others do, of course, just shows that variations are endless and blind rule making is foolish.

?

the metal is polished cupra alloy - or what? looks almost like stainless steel ("rostfrei") but that must be (almost) impossible, yes?

scary totenkopf in great condition, in any case.

?

Aluminium.

not being a metallurgist I would say some form of aluminium/alloy. the inside seems to have a dull satin finish , the front seems to have fallen to the fate of metal polish , not guilty

Mr. Bwanek and Mr. Hritz can also answer this query based on the actual handling of the illustrated item. My SWAG is aluminum, a Werkstoff much in vogue in the III. Reich that then got replaced or supplanted by Feinzink when the war economy took hold.

In forty three years, I have never owned, seen, or handled one of these rare badges. Our Norwegian colleagues seem to have a plethora of them, which also speaks for the year 1940ff.

Unschooled in chemistry as I am, I guess aluminum degrades with time and takes on a patina, especially in contact with moisture.

Happy head wear and happy metallurgy

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast