Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

another one

Article about: original SS cap skulls are more anatomically correct than the reproductions and as such are more sinister................. I wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night. peer into the eye sock

Default Re: another one

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    good man
    Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another one
    P
    Many

The average collector can scarcely hope to find as many of these authentic badges in one place at a sane price....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another one  

now don't go and upset them !

The three sets of Assmann zinc cap badges pictured above are the property of an acquaintance, in fact. They are not mine, surely.

was ever a material spec done for some of these metal insignias? would be for sure very interesting.

The Davis book of 1975 on RZM codes contains some extracts of specifications for Uniformeffekten and Zubehoer in which there are such details. See pp. 25. ff. In some cases, these specifications refer to DIN norms, as well. The latter should be pretty easy to obtain, even for the mid 1930s.

DIN= Deutsche Industrie Normen

Robert H can explain to us what this term means.

For example, and forgive me if I leave this auf Deutsch

BDM Guertelschnalle

Werkstoff: SM, Stahl, DIN 1611, St. 34. 11. Festigkeit: 35kg, Dehnung: 20-25%

This is from p. 38 of the Davis book, vol. I

With Robert H's professional background, he can explain this data.

I do not have a scanner, hence, you have to take my word for it.

I also see that the Handbuch d. RZM is available from the Library of Congress as a microform for those of you eager to amass the necessary references to play and win at the unending globalized and digitalized game of Nazi regalia collecting.

Finally, I prefer these badges thus, and by leaving them in said repose, they retain some of their secrets to the wonderment and vexation of generations to come. We cannot know everything, surely.
    Attached Images Attached Images another one 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Finally, I prefer these badges thus, and by leaving them in said repose, they retain some of their secrets to the wonderment and vexation of generations to come. We cannot know everything, surely.
    I know that both I and Mr Bwanek are thrilled when a set we have can find a new home on an original cap that have its insignia set missing.
    Just wanted to tell you.
    (This is a former Zimmermann set of mine. I believe the new owner is very happy with it.)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast