Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Beautiful Zimmerman Skull

Article about: Behold, I present to you a lovely cupal Zimmerman 499/41 skull that I came across while browsing various sites: The front of this skull has all the characteristics of a well-preserved Fritz

Default Beautiful Zimmerman Skull

Behold, I present to you a lovely cupal Zimmerman 499/41 skull that I came across while browsing various sites:

The front of this skull has all the characteristics of a well-preserved Fritz Zimmerman skull with minimal wear. Note the nicely beveled eye sockets, the crisp, thick suture line marks, and the irregular-looking left edge of the nose hole. The surface has the smooth uniformity of a die-stamped skull. Also note the small bits of excess metal on the right "eyebrow" and between the two bones on the right side, unique "extras" that I have noticed more and more on the Zimmerman skulls.

The backside shows the beautiful copper in this cupal piece. You can see the characteristic thicker edge on the top right and left sides of the skull. We can also see the proper "499/41" mark and the correct crisp prong attachment points on the base. We can also see the formation of verdigris on the prongs, the green buildup which is common on old brass, copper, and bronze.

In my opinion, this is a fine, authentic piece in great condition. I've been making a lot of posts of various skulls I consider to be either fake or authentic, along with detailed comments so that others can learn about the characteristics of these skulls (and so I can improve my authentication skills). The elements I mention are based on my own observations from studying these skulls. Comments are always appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beautiful Zimmerman Skull
    P
    Many

?

very nice original..i have a few of these but not the copper reverse variety..

Yes, I consider the Zimmerman and Deschler skulls to be the most visually appealing skulls. I have a special fondness for cupal pieces because I think they look interesting with the copper backsides.

as you say a very nice skull.