Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Belgian made SS cap skull

Article about: These were a private purchase item made in Antwerp by a company called "Indian Caps". These are very distictive in their design, in particular, the use of the wire prongs on the re

Default Re: The Belgian made SS cap skull

£8 was a good buy back then too. At the time most common war badges were £16 each.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Belgian made SS cap skull
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    £8 was a good buy back then too. At the time most common war badges were £16 each.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hehe shows how things have risen, hope you still have all of your gems Ade...Mike

I do Mike, I very very rarely sell.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I do Mike, I very very rarely sell.

Cheers, Ade.
    Good. I hope you posted them so I can dig some more of the great items out of the closet for us forum members to enjoy...hehe

I have always wondered if this same Belgian company made any SS visor hat eagles. So for, I have not seen one.

Are there examples of the Belgian SS swastika hat badge made by the same company?

Bob Hritz

Never seen any metal cap eagles , I think most likely just these WH-eagles ( and Luftwaffe ) were locally made . Shown set from a Flemish volunteer was given to WAF-member " Luc " , a combination often worn by them ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Belgian made SS cap skull  

Thanks for posting these Belgian SS swastikas. I really like these fine examples of hat insignias

Nice piece would love to have one myself you can't find these every day. Amazing

Mist thise one!
    Nice to see the skull!
    Indian Caps ended back in the late '80 ties, the buildings, in center Antwerp,were sold and converted into expensive lofts.
    The whole factory was moved to a place out side the city center.
    But the owner died soon after, it is when thise place had to be cleaned up, that i showed up.
    I bought the entyre stock and ended up with 15.000 matrixes, machines, furniture, sewing machines and 1000 km of fabric used for uniforms.
    It took me 3 months to clear the building.
    I only found a few TR related matrixes. Two or 3 sets AK helmet shields matrixes, a railway officers buckle matrix, Wolfsangel matrixes and a few other that I don't remember.
    A large stock of WH officers belt buckles with claws,were also part of the left overs, things the former owner still sold to anyone who needed them.
    I think I opened a thread about Indian Caps in the past here somewhere.
    All the paper work was destroyed by the familly members, in the offices, whyle I was clearing the building. I was never allowed alone into the building until they were shure all paper work was cleaned up.So I didn't found anything that could reveal what or for who it was made.
    I was told that some die's of the entyre collection were robbed by a other familly members, movers, when the place was moved for the first time, and even military and police officers took die's when visiting the late widow at the last adress they had.
    Cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Belgian made SS cap skull  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast