Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs

Article about: I'll start off by saying that I know these are not SS skulls, but tradition badges, though I felt this section would get the biggest response from those knowledgeable on them. If this is bet

Default Re: 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs

Yes, that is exacly what I've got. Writing quick, during working hours, couldn't think of correct terms. Mine came from a German Ebay seller with a WWI era (named and localized with a Dortmund addressed Tornister) (made in Berlin though) the tornister that is.
    The skull is definitely old and has much tarnish and plating loss, but nice nonetheless and prongs with the serated edges for staying in cloth I recon.

Cheers mate,

-Jaeger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs
    P
    Many

No problem.

Mat

Here is a picture of mine! I like it very much too! It has the post that have been resodered, but I don't mind!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsSome data, for what little it is worth.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2012 at 05:21 AM.

two originals in detail of these for reference

Last edited by another ant; 08-23-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    Jedem das Seine

Another Ant both skulls are not the same (they are different ) and in my personal opinion both are fake.
    If you see those type of sand on relics run away from it (:
    P.S I posted this pics many times my: personal loco homegrown not ,,Berlin,, skull
    In this case for sure no visor was hurt (:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

Another ,,Berlin hoard,, fake

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsNo Totenschaedel damaged in these images.

?

Here is an example I borrowed from a friend that owns a small shop and had it in hand for a few weeks to do some research I in the end returned it as I was unconvinced of its originality I found the details much to soft and the shape of the eye sockets inconsistent with known originals.
    Upon inquiring about it at a later date the shop owner informed me I was of the wrong opinion and had someone else give it the OK as an original after comparing it to three in his personal collection that were exactly the same.
    He sold and or traded it forward and was convinced of its originality

Regards Mark

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

Still suport my opinion: those type of sand on this type of skulls- run away.
    P.S I saw many of this skulls covered in same way by sand but this is not naturall way.
    Ps Imagine this situation :someone founded this skull naturaly skull is in sand .Give it to the shop still in sand. Someone borowed from a shop still in sand.Skull returned to the shop still in sand etc.etc.etc......
    It is not possible.
    Someone in this human chain will clean this skull from a sand (:
    This is natural human instinct (:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast