Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs

Article about: I'll start off by saying that I know these are not SS skulls, but tradition badges, though I felt this section would get the biggest response from those knowledgeable on them. If this is bet

?

No argument from me Stirlitz on the human aspect of your statement as I had no interest in adding it to my own collection I returned it as I recived it sand and all.

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark K; 05-29-2014 at 04:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs
    P
    Many

O.K Chemistry argument :even knowing basic chemistry everybody know that matals after a many years in ground is prone to oxidation.(excluding gold,platinium etc )
    If this skull is still covered in sand and not cleaned and have this colour in this case must be made from gold.,because only gold ,platinium etc can resist oxydation.
    No way Kozowy you can't cheat chemistry science (:
    P.S Look also on prongs (:

Average ground dug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

?

Again no argument from me I have no doubts as to the example I had in my possession for a few weeks being a dud.

Regards Mark

O.K If you have it for a few weeks I can"t argue witch this argument (: (:

I don't know much about the Berlin Hoard, but I do wish to advise my friends that the Totenkopf was produced/worn by various Freikorps/Paramilitary-units before the Nazi-Era, and that we should expect to find a number of variants out there...I strongly suspect that many original, EARLY TKs are being poo-pooed because they're being compared to 3rd Reich examples...Just a thought to consider when looking at early (jawless) TKs, friends...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-30-2014 at 04:05 PM.

?

Thanxs for the advice Glenn I tried for a couple of weeks to find an example to compare the one I had borrowed through many different sites and image comparisons and had no luck with finding it's twin found it a very intresting little research project and learned a fair bit along the way this is not to say I am right just my personal observations.

Regards Mark

I have 1 with the ridged prongs same as the 1st skull,no problem for me its ok.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I don't know much about the Berlin Horde, but I do wish to advise my friends that the Totenkopf was produced/worn by various Freikorps/Paramilitary-units before the Nazi-Era, and that we should expect to find a number of variants out there...I strongly suspect that many original, EARLY TKs are being poo-pooed because they're being compared to 3rd Reich examples...Just a thought to consider when looking at TKs, friends...
    cheers, Glenn
    Very valuable intervention. These badges reach back well into the 19th century.

They are older
    It is not possible to find all variants of this type skull
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  
    Last edited by Stirlitz wiedzial; 05-29-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast