MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs

Article about: I'll start off by saying that I know these are not SS skulls, but tradition badges, though I felt this section would get the biggest response from those knowledgeable on them. If this is bet

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsThis cap on the left was digitally stolen and is ghosting about the internet from Pakistan to Pinterest....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-01-2016 at 04:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs
    P
    Many

Quite a number of contributers to this thread have subsequently been banned..... collecting really does bring the emotions out i guess.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsOne "expert" in cap badges physically threatened a moderator here in an email, whereby the leadership here has increased the rigor of their moderation.

SS cap badges excite some of the most unhistorical, hysterical and otherwise posts on all militaria websites.

As such, these posts and their anonymous authors fit our unhappy time of nervousness and paranoia.

Adrian Stevenson is a cliff of rock in the storm for which I thank him.

Another world renowned expert was mobbed here by various digital thugs and ankle biters and he later suffered severe health problems.

He no longer participates here, which is damn shame in my opinion. A lot of people lose out because of it.

At any moment, the high jinx here keep me on the verge of packing it in, which I might yet do.

My thanks, by the way, to the wise and subtle comments on digging in the ground for relics in CONUS.

I have never found militaria that way, and salute those who do so in an honest and forthright fashion. I just do not understand the dynamics.

Certain of the persons who do so in other parts of the world have routinely made posts which contained little real information,
    but a surplus of affect and puerile mindset. Certain of them promote the impression that they are trying to put one over on the innocent,
    as well as discredit the handful who try to do the right thing.

Happy collecting.

Quote by Stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    Kozowy like this post !!!???
    This kind of thing often ends poorly for the persons who undertake it.

That is, the attempt to mislead, to confuse, to obfuscate, and otherwise kick the sand of the Mark Brandenburg into the eyes of the innocent.

'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsHere are images of the Deschler works, and the look of the place belies the mayhem that goes with these badges.

These'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs people were obviously artistic masters and aesthetically sophisticated and refined, and they do NOT deserve the digital junk heaped on them at all.

Fantastic images FB!!! Thankyou for providing us these windows on the past.
    I feel for the artisan with the white coated overseer watching his every move.... nary a smile betwixt them!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Fantastic images FB!!! Thankyou for providing us these windows on the past.
    I feel for the artisan with the white coated overseer watching his every move.... nary a smile betwixt them!!
    Thanks. Truth be told, one of the banned persons found these wonderful images. I am old enough to have known people of this kind, but
    their world is mostly vanished. I know a firm in Vienna in Neubau that still does this work, but I am sure they are on the verge of dying
    out. I only pressed my face onto the shop window and never went inside. I am sure it would take me some time to win their trust
    and such.

Of course, in the case of Deschler, they served the pope and Himmler, which requires an analysis more subtle than my own.

My only wish in all of this has been for historical facts and congenial inquiry. In many cases, there are none of either the former or the latter.

Happy collecting and thanks for your interest.

?

I have seen several metal stamps for making insignia has been sold on auctions over the years. I cannot help it, but it makes me alittle nervous. If only half of a stamp is sold, it would be an easy task for a skilled craftsman to create the missing halfs.

Have anyone else been thinking this ways regarding to metal insignias?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I have seen several metal stamps for making insignia has been sold on auctions over the years. I cannot help it, but it makes me alittle nervous. If only half of a stamp is sold, it would be an easy task for a skilled craftsman to create the missing halfs.

Have anyone else been thinking this ways regarding to metal insignias?

A telling question, to be sure, but one outside of my very limited competence.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6