Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Yours is a luxury version, as it has polished edges, which was an add on, as it were. Someone can scan pages from the Assmann catalog to show these variations. Ah, I as

Default Re: Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Indeed. I think I've made a decent start, considering my age- 5 totenkopfs in total, one being my prized possession as you see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?
    P
    Many

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?This is my favorite, which I could buy after some decades of patient waiting....these things take time, and this purchase was not without its irritations, in turn, actually.

yes, and good luck.

I recently acquired the Danziger skull thanks to your replies- Here's my photos of it, with some of it and my similar example for comparison. The aged example is much weightier, while the one I just acquired is quite light.

This new addition has a frosted finish, which has worn off to reveal a shiny surface on the bones. Under this is a bronze-looking metal, as indicated by the reverse.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?   Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?   Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?   Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Well done. A superior piece. Now you need a hat to go with it.

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?In fact, this one would give your badge a fine home.....

Also, minus the cap, these badges should be light in weight.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Well done. A superior piece. Now you need a hat to go with it.
    Thanks, and I think that's one for the Christmas list! Do you think it counts as fake if manufactured in a workshop by elves..?

I mentioned the weight of the badge used in comparison just because it's the heaviest (relatively) of all my badges.

Mat
    Last edited by ToxicGas; 12-12-2011 at 06:16 PM.

?

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

After reading so much about skulls it must be a very dangerous place to trek.
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to his mistakes"

cheers,
    Patrick

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

The Neusilber one with the finish is heavy or the other with the wear? Attached here are other species of this badge in its variety on caps....no less.

The one of yours new to you with the finish looks very good. I have a sneaking suspicion that these were also made well after the war, but I do not know it. In any case, your new piece is nearly identical to the one on my cap, ex the Mollo treasures, and a fine piece.
    There are stamped from very thing Blech, Buntmetall, Tombak, or whatever and are quite light.

In any case well done, and my Irish young friend has made a good collage.

PS This early cap has had its image hijacked by ruthless and cunning thugs in a distant clime in a brazen attempt to impeach me, assassinate my collection, and make my woolens more foetid!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast