Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Yours is a luxury version, as it has polished edges, which was an add on, as it were. Someone can scan pages from the Assmann catalog to show these variations. Ah, I as

Default Re: Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?I include a promiscuous picture of a shoulder board, because I like it and caps go nicely with tunics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?
    P
    Many

Congratulations on your purchase. These things are more agonizing than they ever should be, in part, then, because of all the "scull" fetishists and the games they play in the medium.
    This statement does not apply to my interlocutors in the UK, but more generally to the guilty who know exactly who they are and wisely have begun to avoid this place.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

The Neusilber one with the finish is heavy or the other with the wear? Attached here are other species of this badge in its variety on caps....no less.
    This is the heavier example. I'd weigh them all, if my scales could record such light pieces, which is unfortunately not the case.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

Ach so. I would have thought so. No need to weigh same, but if the piece you find next time weighs a ton, then it is likely cast and a stinker.

Once more, all the best with your collecting and much patience and fortitude with these little things.

Ach so. I would have thought so. No need to weigh same, but if the piece you find next time weighs a ton, then it is likely cast and a stinker.

Once more, all the best with your collecting and much patience and fortitude with these little things.
    Thanks, appreciated. I have just posted a thread on another I have just found, though as in the title I feel it could be a bad one- could you please look and confirm my thoughts? Nothing to lose in posting it, is my thinking.

Mat

I do not much like the new one you have posted, such as it is. I do not think these appeared in alu. as SS cap badges. Perhaps for the army use as the Traditions badge, where I am out of my depth. I prefer these in Feinzink, or Buntmetall (brass ish) or Neusilber.....

You have seen my addenda here and such reflects my appreciation of these important and desirable objects.

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?The other point with these, is there use with the SS at least more or less pre-date the marking requirements associated with the other items, that is, the 1933/ 1934 badge with the deeper jaw.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-13-2011 at 05:53 AM.

But do recall that I was born in 1953, and, as such, was not there in Muenchen Feldkirchen or where ever the Deschler & Soehne people operated or in Luedenscheid with the Familie Assmann, whereupon these little stinkers first saw the light of day.....

I do not much like the new one you have posted, such as it is. I do not think these appeared in alu. as SS cap badges. Perhaps for the army use as the Traditions badge, where I am out of my depth. I prefer these in Feinzink, or Buntmetall (brass ish) or Neusilber.....

You have seen my addenda here and such reflects my appreciation of these important and desirable objects.
    I felt this would be your verdict.

I was not aware that SS versions were made of different metals, or that those 1st patterns produced for the SS varied at all (other than the RZM marked pieces). Does this being Neusilber indicate the rough date / SS use of my new acquisition? I still find first patters very confusing.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

Confusion, my dear, is the medium in which we thrive. You should buy an Assmann catalog reprint to understand that all these things were made in different grades and qualities, with different finishes. There was no single pattern of Danzig skull (see the Lumsden picture) and these were made of various Werkstoffe.
    Yours is a luxury version, as it has polished edges, which was an add on, as it were.

Someone can scan pages from the Assmann catalog to show these variations.

The first patterns are confusing, but so are all this insignia, really, not the least because much of what passes for knowledge is, under very close scrutiny, a bunch of hog wash.

That is, for instance, that the zinc was a wartime Werkstoff, whereas it was plainly used earlier than "mid-war" or whatever.

The path is the goal, as it were, with all of this. If it were simple, it would not be interesting and you would not want it quite simply.

Besides, we human manifest all sorts of forms of death cult Kitsch, some of it even as art, which this thing is not. It is Kitsch, but interesting Kitsch.

My point, it is Kitsch that should be attached to its original context.

Happy zinc, Cupal, Buntmetall, Tombak, and Neusilber, and may your Christmas stockings be chock full of the little stinkers.

I am getting a bag of coal.Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast