Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Yours is a luxury version, as it has polished edges, which was an add on, as it were. Someone can scan pages from the Assmann catalog to show these variations. Ah, I as

Default Re: Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These are some of the many reasons I married her. She is not a zombie.
    I hope you write this as one of your reasons next time you give her a card!

And yes, I do understand your view of trivial detail seemingly taking over. Fortunately for me, militaria is one of many of my obsessions (admittedly a significant one), and endless things also interest me. I think it comes from being a very artistically-minded person.

Here is me, half-consumed by the death's head...

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?
    P
    Many

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Thank you. A fine image. It is not the trivia so much as it is the anti historical details often proffered with an odd, even berserk certainty which is plainly a lie. It is this issue that makes me insane.
    Also, because of this syndrome, I cannot get any cap insignia as reserve for the future cap that might need it, as is so often the case.

I applaud you being aesthetic, as it is a worthy thing.

I have no self portrait other than my odd collages and the pictures my non zombie wife made recently in Europe.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-13-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?dead heads and sculls and what not.

Another work of mine, I was reminded by your mention of nuclear testing. Do I give the impression I like skulls..?

-To anyone else reading this, apologies for any irrelevance. I welcome any further knowledge on the Totenkopf.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?In these two images, one can see badges either in the year 1938 or recently in which the silver content was plainly high. In the image of the consecration of the Blood Flag by the Jaeger person at the Luitpoldhain in Nuremberg, you can plainly see the cap badge on the 2d officer in a very shiny posture. The cap I own, which I bought in 1978, also is a black faced badge, presumably because the badge has silver plate. I never took the badge off the cap, and never will. Fake cap badges made of silver are quite common, however. Plainly the badge in the historical photograph is not a fake, and its appearance is not uncommon in contemporary images.

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?The SS officer in the foreground, however, has cap badges with a matt surface, as seen here in this cap. The Totenschaedel here is an Aluminum type, and the Hoheitszeichen is Cupal.

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?How can sane people care about such arcane and peculiar things, then?

How can sane people care about such arcane and peculiar things, then?
    I suppose it's not too different to the age-old obsession with such things as diamonds... just little shiny rocks. And speaking of shiny things, I think aesthetically the shiny finish insignia with the silver look the most impressive. Having said that, each example with it's own ageing / patina is different, with it's own character. Though the collector's perspective on variants with these insignia doesn't interest me (certain ones being more desired/valuable...etc), as a visual person I find it fascinating the vast variety of appearances these skulls have.

This is a photo of someone's on the forum, who I saved a long time ago for reference. It's an impressive collection.

Mat

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Truth be told, I actually own many more than as pictured above, but on the caps. You can see the variety of Werkstoffe here, too, actually, as well as the relative state of preservation. I only want the types that were used on black SS caps. A modest proposal, but, at the same time, a bridge too far. The cap on the left is no longer mine, but in the collection of a good friend and also illustrated in the Shea Beaver book, where it looks much better than it ever did in real life.

?

How can sane people care about such arcane and peculiar things, then?
    Quite simply this FB, skulls and eagles! the facination is as old as time itself.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast