Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

cap insignia

Article about: Hi What do you think about this skull and eagle? The seller send me only this pictures. Regards,Bojan

Default cap insignia

Hi

What do you think about this skull and eagle? The seller send me only this pictures.

Regards,Bojan

cap insigniacap insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cap insignia
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks fake to me , many real ones are shown on this site .

I agree,but not marked M1/122

Because there was no original skull marked as such. It's a known fake set like said above.

M 1/ 122 was the firm Deutschbein of Euskirchen, near Bonn. I am not aware of authentic insignia of this type from that firm....

A well known early fake set , not worth thinking about twice , sorry ..

To begin with , simply look at the exaggerated sutures on the fantasy M1/122 monstrosity of a skull .
    The eagle has no defined head or breast feathers at all .
    Then compare to the finely detailed German made period examples .
    Originals can be found here quite easily for all to see - that are willing to learn .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cap insignia   cap insignia  

The fact that these are the only photos sent should be a tad disconcerting - A seller covering half the skull with a 'shadow' would cause alarm bells for me. Photography is not an art these days, its very easy.
    These are not 'cheap' items and as a general rule (for me) a seller that knows they have original items would not send crappy pics.

cap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniacap insigniaOnce more, and seemingly forever, we roll the rock up the hill, so it will fall on our heads with no less pain....

- - ------- - -

The clear photos are courtesy of John Telesmanich, from whom I buy these items, if I am forced to do so to restore a cap.