Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!

Article about: Hi guys. I have question Its autentic death Himmler on pic above as example of reference how is looking death Himmler ? Thanks Peter

Default Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!

Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia were originally intended to be placed on headwear. Images of same might be of use to collectors, more so than much of what is posted here. Or not.....Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-20-2012 at 04:52 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!

HI Friedrich,,your collection and research is always indispensable as a great tool in the subject. Below is my "Danziger" example,, Can you tell me what cap this type skull might of been used on? or is it something that was supply and demand by the makers? I know its early but after seeing a wide variety of variants,, to me this one is not common,, as the one, mostly seen as your example seen below my photo . Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Cap insignia on caps.....imagine! 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!

Thanks for the kind words.

This black cap is not mine, but might help you in your query.

- - Updated - -

Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!This one is mine, actually.

- - Updated - -

I have no idea who made it, or when, or how, other than I believe the thing to be prior to 1945.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-19-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!My goal here is to provide many authentic examples for reference for others.
    There is no gain saying the ownership of the real thing on a cap, but barring same, these pictures are more useful than the welter of junk and confusion that otherwise reigns with "scull" threads.
    I find details in the electric pictures that are otherwise invisible in real life (even with a lupe...) and the things in real life look different than the pictures, with the canals of Mars traits espied by certain savants who are confidence artists and charlatans, because....they actually have no collection at all and would have trouble locating Germany on the map, let alone figure out its regalia industry in the year 1938.

?

Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine! It is dreadful that someone would want to replace the skull on a cap, or remove it and sell it.

Cheers, Patrick

There is some merit in restoring a cap, to be sure, but others remove insignia from caps for collections of solely "sculls." I encountered this fact in the past and it has made me pretty anti "scull" as a result.

- - Updated - -

The other issue is inventing traits or legends and myths about these things out of fantasy merely to enslave an on line audience of seekers.
    Ergo, the pictures of authentic things in their total, original form as a base line, or as a point of orientation.

Thank you, Patrick, good use of the Kitsch book cover to be sure.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-19-2012 at 08:55 PM.

?

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    It is dreadful that someone would want to replace the skull on a cap, or remove it and sell it.
    All kinds of people are fascinated by skull badges and trinkets. Just look on ebay to see the vast amount of jewelry, clothes and watches etc that have the skull emblem as the focus point of their allure. It's no wonder so many hats were picked clean by human magpies before the importance of leaving these things in situ was realised. In a lot of cases, it's still not realised!.
    I once was courting a long legged brunette from Canada who I'd told a little about my collecting hobby. For her birthday, she declared that she would like a hat with a skull design of some sort. I found her a black baseball cap with a very nice hand embroidered skull on the front. I also pinned to the side one of the Berlin horde early TK's that I had plenty of at the time, cleaned and polished. She was over the moon with the gift. It was a pretty cool hat I must admit.
    Needless to say, it didn't work out between us and I now wonder what on earth was I thinking?!
    Not the first time an attractive woman has made fools of men with skulls!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!  

Well done, Ben, bravo. The Mitford sisters were something to behold. The courtship of leggy women that goes wrong is another theme in which I am very interested.

?

Skulls are increasing in value. For about 3 (certain type) of skulls you could have got the actual thing it was placed on.
    Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!Cap insignia on caps.....imagine!
    Sold for €1000. The cheapest SS visor cap I have seen.

Cheers, Pat

?

Pat, for one so young, you have a remarkable insight. Yes indeed, it becomes ridiculous when the price of the badges fetch more than the cap itself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast