Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cap skull needs opinion.

Article about: What is the opinion of this cap skull. It's unmarked.

Default cap skull needs opinion.

cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.
    What is the opinion of this cap skull. It's unmarked.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cap skull needs opinion.
    P
    Many

Hi Joe, and welocome to the forum.

This is one from the "Berlin Hoard". Some people like them, while other don't. Do a search on the forum about these. They are really Army Tradition cap badges more than SS.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I would be wary of it... The "Berlin hoard" story, in my opinion, is the perfect excuse for fakers to explain how "new" a supposedly old item seems to look. Since the discovery of the Berlin hoard, there have been reports of dealers/sellers with tons of these for sale, which is concerning in itself. The skull in the picture looks more like a casting to me than a die-stamped piece. You can see what appears to be flash in the nose hole, for instance. The surface also looks pretty rough... I don't know as much about the Danziger type skull as others do, but that's just my opinion. Others will be along shortly who can provide more insight.

cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.the Danziger on SS headwear, at the risk of repeating myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]801158[/ATTACH
    This is a bit better pic of the front. I have read so much back and forth about the supposed Berlin hoard. I agree that it would have been a good opportunity for fakers.
    Thanks for adding me to the forum by the by.
    Attached Images Attached Images cap skull needs opinion. 

to daveward

1-then I suppose you think the same of the assmann three prongs, the history of these is similar to the Berlin Hoard.

2-How long you believed that they had buried, 1 day, 3 months, 1 year ,more time?.
    cap skull needs opinion.

and this other how long?
    cap skull needs opinion.

and the other model also seems cast?
    cap skull needs opinion.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Some people like them, while other don't.
    Jedem das Seine

Quote by another ant View Post
    to daveward

1-then I suppose you think the same of the assmann three prongs, the history of these is similar to the Berlin Hoard.

2-How long you believed that they had buried, 1 day, 3 months, 1 year ,more time?.
    cap skull needs opinion.

and this other how long?
    cap skull needs opinion.

and the other model also seems cast?
    cap skull needs opinion.
    Is your comment directed to Adrian or to us all? Or to whom?

cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.cap skull needs opinion.There is no doubt that, in the decades since 1989 and the reconstruction of the former East Germany, various historical items have been discovered. Most noteworthy were items from the Degenerate Art exhibit
    that had been thought to have been destroyed.

In watching the ground digging videos in You Tube of such searches, I cannot help but think that some of these events are dubious, whereas others are surely authentic.

Once more, in this case, as in others the participants can do more than just express doubt. They can seek, find, and share tangible evidence from primary sources, as is done elsewhere on this site.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Is your comment directed to Adrian or to us all? Or to whom?
    cap skull needs opinion.

but I believe in freedom of expression, and not restrict anyone from your opinion
    Jedem das Seine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast