Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design

Article about: Hi Guys, now this is a controversial pattern of skull. Some people like these, while others do not. I bought this one some 30 years ago now. It is made of zinc with the usual worn away silve

Default Re: Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design

Just want to add my 3 prong onto this thread.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design  Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design  Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design
    P
    Many

Another one came my way this week, so I thought I would share it here.

Note the "grain" or lines in the metal on the reverse side.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design   Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

here some other one's..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design   Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design  

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Assmann made some pretty crappy late war badges. It wasn't the workmanship, but the quality of materials that suffered. If you look at the evolution of Assmann hinges and catches, you will see they were very interested in simplification and less soldering.

I think these are the final pattern Assmann skull, which saw very little use during the war, and were in surplus after the war. I would love to find a perfect example complete with all three prongs.

Bob hritz

I associate myself with this assessment. Skilled workers were needed for other roles and tasks as the war economy took hold. To deny this fact is to ignore
    an overwhelming fact known by virtually any serious student of the German economy in the mid 20th century.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I associate myself with this assessment. Skilled workers were needed for other roles and tasks as the war economy took hold. To deny this fact is to ignore
    an overwhelming fact known by virtually any serious student of the German economy in the mid 20th century.
    Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong designControversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong designControversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong designControversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design

I add my skull 12 pcs

The one I show in post 12 is now in our classified ads.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The one I show in post 12 is now in our classified ads.

Cheers, Ade.
    Quite a bargain too!...

Default one piece tk

I saw a period sales card with this skull on it.
    I'll see if I can dig it up.

cheers

Controversy and these cap badges are inevitable.

Knowledge is the antidote to most controversy, but some "scull" savants are allergic to knowledge of a durable kind.

I also saw the saleman's sample with this badge, I think, found in France, but I cannot recall. I saved the image, but my new imac makes it very hard to find things.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast