Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

Article about: Hello! I guess that all of these skulls are fakes but I have to ask anyway. I can´s see any markings on the photo. Does they always have Rzm and "m+number" markings? /Mike

Default Re: A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

also fake, sadly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?
    P
    Many

It seems that the only thing is to wait for a while and probably buy a 1st pattern Totenkopf instead. 1000 dollar for one 2nd pattern is too much money for me I´ll keep on collecting awards and a bit cheaper stuff Thank you again for your kindness and expertise !
    /Mike

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    It seems that the only thing is to wait for a while and probably buy a 1st patter tk insted. 1000 dollar for one 2:nd pattern is too much money for me I´ll keep on collecting awards and a bit cheaper stuff Thank you again for your kindness and expertise !
    /Mike
    The effort to cheat the odds with the 1934 badge only will result in an expensive disappointment.

I am sure there must be a way to find these badges inexpensively, but the time effort required is not practical for many of us.

As I say, I need several ones to complete caps I own.

Moreover, these things are concentrated in the hands of a few people who have greatly aided the speculative frenzy.

There are so many more interesting things to collect from the III. Reich than these badges, which are in-expensive and more intrinsically significant than these little pieces of metal.

That being said, I have collected them, too, but on the caps. Nor have I pulled these pieces of insignia off, but I am sure some of the collectors would rape these caps and discard them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?   A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

Attached Images Attached Images A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or? 

et cetera
    Attached Images Attached Images A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or? 

Very nice caps you got there! That is an impressible collection caps!
    Good work

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Very nice caps you got there! That is an impressible collection caps!
    Good work

Much heartache and expense has gone into said items. They also are not generally found at hock shops, garage sales, church bazaars, or even on nearly all militaria sites.

Perhaps the sight of same gives context to this exchange and might underscore my own particular, even extreme point of view.

But we live in an era of extremes, and I think the interest in these little pieces of brass, tin, and alloy reflect the age.

Where is the new Himmler waiting to exploit it?
    Attached Images Attached Images A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or? 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Much heartache and expense has gone into said items. They also are not generally found at hock shops, garage sales, church bazaars, or even on nearly all militaria sites.
    Perhaps the sight of same gives context to this exchange and might underscore my own particular, even extreme point of view.

But we live in an era of extremes, and I think the interest in these little pieces of brass, tin, and alloy reflect the age.

Where is the new Himmler waiting to exploit it?
    I saw that Martin Stiles had an SS Officer's black visor for sale recently, however, it was marked "sold" when I found it. He also have an interesting SS EM visor cap for sale, with a Hochland's NSRKB veterans Edelweiss. Have you seen them?

Quote by Anders S View Post
    I saw that Martin Stiles had an SS Officer's black visor for sale recently, however, it was marked "sold" when I found it. He also have an interesting SS EM visor cap for sale, with a Hochland's NSRKB veterans Edelweiss. Have you seen them?
    I had not, but at your direction, I did look. He surely has a lot of SS material on offer. Must be that the world economic crisis is having a heavy effect in UK. The pickings are ripe for the younger generation, Anders!

I saw these caps you mention. I wish I could examine them personally.

Thanks.

But again, where is the nice girl with the giant beer bottle?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I had not, but at your direction, I did look. He surely has a lot of SS material on offer. Must be that the world economic crisis is having a heavy effect in UK. The pickings are ripe for the younger generation, Anders!

I saw these caps you mention. I wish I could examine them personally.

Thanks.

But again, where is the nice girl with the giant beer bottle?
    Yes, he sure has a lot of nice items. I only wish I wasn't about to move (I've bought a new house outside Gothenburg, where I've accepted a job offer, starting on Monday. Well, the house is actually the bank's, not my.
    I will move on the 1st of February, which will be difficult, because my new company would like me to go to Barcelona in the end of Jan - beginning of Febr.

Until I'll be able to move in to my new house, I will stay in an apartment in Gothenburg owned by a girl I met at the school.

Her name is Frida.

Btw, the nice girl with the beer bottle was someone I found on the net. Frida is for real.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

I approve of Frida, and think you should pay more attention to her than to these silly cap badges.

Congratulations. And Frida will enjoy Barcelona, too. We share in your good fortune.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast