MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

D.S.M. skull

Article about: Hi, I found this skull on one of the auction sites and im wondering if my conclusions are right. I'm still learning about insignias so i use most of auctions to compare things to pictures i

?

Default D.S.M. skull

Hi, I found this skull on one of the auction sites and im wondering if my conclusions are right.
    I'm still learning about insignias so i use most of auctions to compare things to pictures i can found here and on other forums.

Can please someone tell me if this one is fake? I see a few wrong details like D.S.l l or not clear enough letters, also teeth are kind of diffrent from originals i saw. Just want to be sure if my conclusions are right or no.
    Thanks.

D.S.M. skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement D.S.M. skull
    P
    Many

All that , and in general this grimace is far from what an authentic piece looks like , see below .
    Notice that all silver-plating has been lost to time , as is often the case with these early tombac versions ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.S.M. skull   D.S.M. skull  

Mind you , it very rarely happens that you will find such a rare item to be authentic on online auctions .
    And even if you do , chances are you are not the only one who found it ( the blessings of the Internet ) ;
    here's a D.&S.M. marked original that found its way to Ebay ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.S.M. skull  

?

Thank you very much, it helps me a lot. I know auctions are bad place for buying original skull but i think its the best place to learn on how fakes look like.

Not on e bay, but on its cap, and more or less since about 1934.
    By the way, if you want to learn this regalia, stay here rather than waste your time in the mess elsewhere.
    No where is as much data in fairly usable form as found here.D.S.M. skull

CBH
    ?

Is this the TK refer to as the "Moustache Fake"?

?

Hi Chris,

The totenkopf of the OP does look to have a moustache, but here is another 'moustache' example I found on our forum. Just for comparison of the 'moustache'.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.S.M. skull