Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

danziger skull in arnhem

Article about: 1st pattern dazinger skull I think. adquired in arnhem museum several years ago , before "berlin hoard". fake or authentic item? is a model too old to have taken part in the operat

Default danziger skull in arnhem

1st pattern dazinger skull I think.
    adquired in arnhem museum several years ago , before "berlin hoard".
    fake or authentic item?
    is a model too old to have taken part in the operation market garden?
    is more likely to be the invasion of 1940?
    Panzerwaffe or ss?
    danziger skull in arnhem
    danziger skull in arnhem
    danziger skull in arnhem
    danziger skull in arnhem
    Last edited by another ant; 08-23-2014 at 01:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement danziger skull in arnhem
    P
    Many

I honestly think this is from the Berlin Hoard too.

These particular style saw limited use by the SS. It was intended as a Heer tradition cap badge. The early jawless skull pattern was rarely seen by 1944. Even in 1940 it was not often seen.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Im not sure about orginality of those type of skulls

danziger skull in arnhemCap badge in detail.

hi friederich-berthold ,would be so kind to show the skull from behind I would like to see if it was common edge the sprongs in this type of skulls? thanks.

also I have asked carlsson1982 if can hang the complete Soldier Photo right ad containing this type of skull,for to place it in a time.
    are here Very rare Danziger skull in aluminium - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

thanks all for your comments.

danziger skull in arnhemI think my badge looks like this, but I do not disassemble my objects.

danziger skull in arnhemdanziger skull in arnhemdanziger skull in arnhemdanziger skull in arnhemI think my badge looks like this, but I do not disassemble my objects.

- - ------- - -

Thanks to our fine colleague Peter Whammond for his excellent site whose images are a real resource for the collector.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-21-2013 at 07:43 PM.

It is buntmetall, much of brass, and plated in the normal manner for these things.

danziger skull in arnhemdanziger skull in arnhemdanziger skull in arnhemdanziger skull in arnhemdanziger skull in arnhemI collect the badges on the hats, ideally with the latter having been there for some decades....

many thanks friederich-berthold.
    in the picture below taken from (A Collector's Guild) I see exactly the skull I own , the sizes are exactly those 25mm tall by 35mm wide.
    the second picture taken from (Familienverband derer v. Kleist e.V.) confirms the use of this skull in this regiment.
    as I have seen the 5th cavalry regiment only participated in the Russian front ,not know how it got to arnhem this skull.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture danziger skull in arnhem   danziger skull in arnhem  

Last edited by another ant; 10-22-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast