Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

Article about: These two caps were apparently recently sold, as well.....though they were in the intermediate past on the Whammond and Jenkins sites. I guess there is more of this junk around than one migh

Default Re: Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    They do a very beautiful display on that nice old desk If they only could speak about the history that they have been true...
    Thanks. I wish they could speak too, but they would likely curse me greatly because of their present posture far from where they first glimpsed the light of day. They are silent, mute, stand witness to the past and languish in my care for a while. Great sacrifice and treasure they have demanded of me to organize them in this manner, and to do so has taken decades. The table was that of my great aunt who died in 1968. She would be greatly distressed to see her furniture used thus, I guess.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

Thanks for these new pictures of your "genocidal feotid woolens", though I never tire of the old ones. The last one is teasing me though. I want a better look at the volumes on the shelf and the hats!

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Thanks for these new pictures of your "genocidal feotid woolens", though I never tire of the old ones. The last one is teasing me though. I want a better look at the volumes on the shelf and the hats!
    Thanks for yours. These images are not clear, but they offer you some orientation. I have never really photographed my collection, of which this is a part. Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Notice SS caps piled up here in this image.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

This principle guided me here.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-18-2011 at 02:25 PM.

I do not own a "kindle" or other such thingies.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed. I suppose that granted the size of said house, such an instrument of progress would allow more room for "beanie babies" and "Jim Beam bottles" and "Pez containers" or "big screen, flat HDTVs" etc. The latter fail to comprise my aspirations for life and domestic bliss.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

?

I am not sure what I covet more, the musty old caps or your Great Aunt's table.

The wonder of the Kindle is that any tome on it can be wirelessly "edited" to remove any legally or politically cumbersome passages. Political winds do change and God forbid anyone be discomfited by lines in a book. (end sarcasm)

I found a wonderful article that details the linkage between the Totenkopf Hussars and the SS. The black uniform and the Danziger skull were what defined the Leibhussaren visually.

Clearly the SS wished to draft off the elite aura of the Hussaren. The Leibhussaren were disbanded by Versailles after 177 years of service to the Prussian monarchy. So the choice (presumably Hitler's) to reincarnate the black uniform and totenkopf of the Hussaren into the fledgling Liebstandarte was a crafty piece of political pageantry.

The institution in question was "Traditionspflege," or the maintenance of lineage and honors. I am lacking in discretion publishing pictures of my great aunt's table and the musty old hats. The ones with the 1927/29/31 badge amuse me, and I wanted to share them, since I have not published any images of my own for several years. Vanity will be my undoing, I am sure.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

?

As stated here numerous times.....thank you for sharing these beauties. The Danziger scull on both grey and black caps is what "floats my boat", so to speak. I know I saw a couple of grey caps in some of the photos you have "published", so I am now off in search of any previous threads of your Grey caps. (I used to often visit an old thread where you had shown 2 variants of "colored piping" caps, which were amazing) But you are one lucky man to be able to look after these rare black variants as well. I will be waiting in hope to see more images of the black SS cap with danziger scull. thanks again

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    As stated here numerous times.....thank you for sharing these beauties. The Danziger scull on both grey and black caps is what "floats my boat", so to speak. I know I saw a couple of grey caps in some of the photos you have "published", so I am now off in search of any previous threads of your Grey caps. (I used to often visit an old thread where you had shown 2 variants of "colored piping" caps, which were amazing) But you are one lucky man to be able to look after these rare black variants as well. I will be waiting in hope to see more images of the black SS cap with danziger scull. thanks again
    Thanks for yours and the kind thoughts. Who knows about luck really? There seems so little of it in our world, no? I have a couple of grey caps, actually. I got rid of the ones I owned with colored piping because I was so enraged by all the dumb posts about them, I lost my patience. I prefer the uniforms prior to the outbreak of the war.

Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

an addition to this arcane material.....Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.Danziger Totenkopf in its variety, some black caps poorly photgraphed.

Neither of these object are mine, of course, though I own some of the thingies loose here in other forms, in other lives.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast