Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.

Article about: German III REICH period helmet. model 1917 modified recoat outward in black , and distinctive front SS Standarte OBERBAYERN. Still retains its original interior model 1917, so it is to the b

Default Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.

German III REICH period helmet.
    model 1917 modified recoat outward in black , and distinctive front SS Standarte OBERBAYERN.
    Still retains its original interior model 1917, so it is to the beginning of the Third Reich.

all ok in this one?
    in situ or not in situ?
    Jedem das Seine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.
    P
    Many

Never seen anything like that before...You should mention that Cascocollecion.com is the source of your images, if they're not your own...
    cheers, Glenn

the cascocoleccion.com not source of images..

This helmet is sold in militaria.es for anyone interested.
    Jedem das Seine

looks suspicious to me.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    looks suspicious to me.
    Is it those soulless empty eye sockets H??? I have a feeling it is.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The SS Totenkopf-Standarte "Oberbayern" received its title in July 1937, originally designated "SS Wachtruppe Oberbayern" (1934) and in 1936 as 1.SS Totenkopf Sturmbann "Oberbayern"...The helmet itself is WWI Austrian Production...I am rather suspicious of this helmet...The insignia (1927 NSDAP Eagle, Totenkopf Insignia) attached to the front is quite bizarre and not a German characteristic, in my humble opinion...I will gladly stand corrected of course!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-15-2015 at 09:56 PM.

The 1927 Hoheitszeichen is a common British made fake.

- - ------- - -

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The SS Totenkopf-Standarte "Oberbayern" received its title in July 1937, originally designated "SS Wachtruppe Oberbayern" (1934) and in 1936 as 1.SS Totenkopf Sturmbann "Oberbayern"...The helmet itself is WWI Austrian Production...I am rather suspicious of this helmet...The insignia (1929 NSDAP Eagle, Totenkopf Insignia) attached to the front is quite bizarre and not a German characteristic, in my humble opinion...I will gladly stand corrected of course!
    cheers, Glenn
    You have a trained eye and a fine mind.

The cuff title for this unit was introduced in 1935, I think, we have threads on it, and the evidence from the price lists.

Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Show the helmet to Kelly Hicks or Doug Buhler or others for some insights on such items. They are quite expert.
    The SS did use Austrian made helmets, to be sure, and there are examples of authentic ones at hand.
    I am not a helmet expert. I own one, and that's really enough for me.

Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.Danziger Totenschaedel in situ ? opinion helmets experts welcome, too.We sure spend a lot of time chasing the wrong rabbit down the wrong hole.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast