Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Deschler D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull

Article about: My latest skull arrived today, a rare early tombac Deschler marked D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM. I've been after one of these for awhile and I'm happy to have finally landed one. The detai

?

Default Deschler D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull

My latest skull arrived today, a rare early tombac Deschler marked D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM. I've been after one of these for awhile and I'm happy to have finally landed one. The detail on this one is incredible. You can see the minute traces of silver along the recessed areas of the teeth, eye sockets, sutures and nasal cavity. Enjoy the photo's.

Al

Deschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skullDeschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull

Deschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skullDeschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull

Deschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull

Deschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull Deschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deschler  D. & S. M. GES. GESCH. RZM skull
    P
    Many

?

Aldo, truly an amazing collection you are putting together! Thanks for sharing it with us!

That's a great looking new addition to your collection.
    Congratulations, Aldo.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you Gentlemen. this one was a real score for me.

?

I took some photo's with my new light box just to see the results....

hvm
    ?

Great looking adition to your collection!

To be honest, I like the photos on the red background better. The light is bouncing from the top and creates nice shadows on the skull. This way the details and shapes stand out better. In my humble opinion

Great collection Aldo! You have worked hard to achieve.

I like the red background as well. Red does not work well for some items like highly blued guns. The red and blue fight with each other. I use OD green for those. Either way I think it is important to use a color in the background to help the camera figure it out. Seem like either color brings out more detail in the item.
    John

?

Thank you gentlemen. Yes the older pictures are more aesthetically pleasing, they almost provide a false patina the way the light bounces off the skull. The lightbox pictures are more sterile looking. The LED lights strip away the shadows revealing the actual finish. It's like comparing an artistic photo to a scientific photo. Often times I'll buy a skull based on these sanitized type photo's and I'm pleasantly surprised at how different they look when I photograph them in the old manner on the color background. Thanks for the feedback.