Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Deschler with "replaced pins"

Article about: So, I came across this skull while looking through various sites, and I found it a bit odd. It's listed as a Deschler M1/52 that has had the pins replaced, which raised a red flag for me. Ta

Default Deschler with "replaced pins"

So, I came across this skull while looking through various sites, and I found it a bit odd. It's listed as a Deschler M1/52 that has had the pins replaced, which raised a red flag for me. Take a look:

One of the things that catches my attention is the rather odd shape of the nose hole. I'm not used to seeing M1/52s with this strange curvature on the left side of the nose... The details, such as the sutures, also don't look as crisp as they do on the genuine Deschler skulls I've seen.

The back gives me cause for concern as well. Aside from the obvious Assmann-style pins that have been explained as replacements, the backside looks exceptionally rough. I'm also a little thrown off by the red markings, which look more like artificially-induced "wear" to make the skull look more worn.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't pull the trigger on this one. What do you guys think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deschler with "replaced pins"
    P
    Many

same as you.

I would pass on it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!