Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.

Article about: I am not a WSS collector anymore, but i have an important question for those out there with 100% original mid/latewar WSS eagles and Mid/latewar skulls. How many centimeters are there betwee

?

Default Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.

I am not a WSS collector anymore, but i have an important question for those out there with 100% original mid/latewar WSS eagles and Mid/latewar skulls.

How many centimeters are there between the prongs on a eagle? And did this change?

How many centimeters are there between the sprongs on the skulls? And did this change?

I am trying to narrow down some important details regarding possible use of wss insignia on a piece of headwear without insignia.

Thank you alot to those who finds time to help me out here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.
    P
    Many

The prongs on this TK are 2.4 cm or 24 mm apart.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Wonderful. That is noted. Do you know if it were a stable distance, or if there were any major changes from mid war to end?
    Last edited by TrondK; 04-25-2016 at 06:23 AM. Reason: im blind

?

Can someone please give me the sprong distance on a wss eagle?

?

Can someone please give me the distance of the sprongs on a wss eagle?? If you dont want to write anything here, then please send me an pm.

I was certain more people had wss eagles in their collections?

The pins on this eagle are 54 mm apart.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Sir

That is noted.

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.a.) sprong is not an English word.

b.) spint or prong. The German term was splint, which I prefer.
    Prong has vulgar connotations.

c.) I do not think these things were so fully standardized. It is true that the RZM, for instance, specified how metal items were to be made with exacting distances and tolerances and so forth, but in my experience, the distance between the splints can vary. The specifications allow a plus or minus 5% on cloth items.

d.) good luck and sorry to disappoint you, but you have to be realistic about these things.

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.I own many of these, but I do not tear them apart for reasons of my own.

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Via the brilliant images of Telesmanich....

- - ------- - -

Splints in their variety. I cannot generalize beyond the evidence here, and maybe Mr. Carlsson has a better insight.

Our great master Wim Saris also reminds us that these insignia varied in size. I think the wartime ones are actually smaller than
    the peacetime ones, truth be told. Ergo, the metric distances between splints would further vary.

Nothing is simple. Nothing is linear here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast