Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.

Article about: I am not a WSS collector anymore, but i have an important question for those out there with 100% original mid/latewar WSS eagles and Mid/latewar skulls. How many centimeters are there betwee

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Well, I guess this data did not hit the target.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for answer Sir.
    The headwear in my research has two eagle holes, so three splinters has not been used. And it has two holes for a single cockade without a wreath or maybe it once had a skull, that is what i am trying to find out by getting data of distances.
    I cannot restore this very rare example if i cant find out more or less what has been attached, i am trying to narrow down the different possibilities. I was hoping WH and WSS insignia had different distance on their spllinters.

Wonderful to see that copy of that eagle/button drawing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.   Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.  

Thank you. I am sorry not to be more helpful to you. Good luck.

If I were you, I would experiment with existing insignia, and see what fits.

You will never know what was there in the epoch.

You can be creative, so long as you do not mislead anyone later that the thing is untouched.

But cap insignia are so often no organic, and does it really matter?

As an old man, I saw so much denazified regalia in West Germany in the 1960s through the 1980s.

In fact, one seldom found a cap with all its badges. Such was the exception.

Or the Hoheitszeichen was removed, and in an envelope or pocket or whatever.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    But cap insignia are so often no organic, and does it really matter?
    Well Sir, it matter in one way since there is an eternal debate amongst us collectors of osttruppen militaria, if there existed Ushankas/kubanka with wss insignias since the XV cavalry were transfered to WSS in the end of the war. Besides that, it doesnt really matter- i am just curious of nature, it eats me up inside to have something unanswered if i dont try to do some research.

I spend many hours a week on internet trying to find any photographic evidence of such headwear in use- so far i havnt found anything.

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Thank you. I do not mean to dismiss your interest and desires. I merely generalize from my own experience of these things in a simpler time, when
    the hyper active chatter of the internet did not becloud one's solitary attempt to figure out the puzzles of the past.

In any case, I do not think one can assume that the splints on these badges were with 100% certainty at a given distance.

It is this kind of wrong headed generalization offered elsewhere by others which creates a false certainty from too little evidence and greatly misleads innocent
    people.

Thanks to John Telesmanich for his wonderful images.

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.The picture that set the textbook ablaze.

Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.Distance of the sprongs on WSS insignia.the never ending story.

I can't remember ever having see a manufacturers regulation,
    which mentions the distance from the prongs (Splint) or (Stift),
    or (Klammer) for eagles, the wreaths or whatever. They just say
    if it is 2 or at least more.

For example in the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" the manufacturing
    of eagles is not mentioned or shown at all, as far as I remember! In an
    issue from 1934 the skull was shown as a drawing. The second form of
    eagle was not even ever included!! In cataloques hardly ever the many
    prongs were mentioned. Occasionally yes, but not where they were
    positioned (for example postal Telegrafenarbeiter) it was said as:
    mit 3 einfachen Klammern oben und einer U-Klammer unten.
    This is just an exception!

In March 1936 the new SS-eagle was announced. Shown a rather vague
    copy of the letter of introduction. Note the two material variations, but no
    further indications for the reverses.
    The silvered version was for the black visored cap; the matte version for the
    field-grey or earth-brown headgear:

Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 12-31-2016 at 12:33 PM.

?

Hmm, this was very interesting reading. Thank you for these data.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast