Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

E-stand eagle/skull set

Article about: by bwanek1 Take a closer look, guys. Both are fake. Brad I think Brad is right (as usual). I have taken a closer look, and the eagle never seems to have had any pins... There are no holes on

Default Re: E-stand eagle/skull set

Quote by bwanek1 View Post
    Take a closer look, guys. Both are fake.

Brad
    I think Brad is right (as usual). I have taken a closer look, and the eagle never seems to have had any pins... There are no holes only aluminum.

The skull seems to be a die casted fake too, copy the photo and make it larger, it seems to have pores here and there, the nose area seems to be badly filled with aluminum and the area beneath the right prong seems to have never been filled. The fact that the prongs are badly soldered on the skull doesn't give it away, it could have been a bad restoration, however they are now only badly put on the skull...
    (Does this make sense or should I write it in Swedish? )

Sorry for my first post, where I wrote that I believed the set was good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E-stand eagle/skull set
    P
    Many

...here are some specific problems:

The left side of the nose opening has an odd, elongaed droop, well beyond the actual opening.

There are globs of excess material, which look like a poor plaster job. One is on upper skull above the cheek bone, which obscures the suture lines. The other is on the upper lip and actually extends down over one tooth.

The pins are not actually crimped into place. They are set into spaces left in the casting and amateurishly hand-tooled to secure them.

I will try to do a side-by-side photo comparison between this one and one of my alumium Deschlers when I have a bit more time to better illustrate some of the differences.
    Also, there is an oddly sahped, elongated eye opening.

I could be wrong, but for these and other reasons, it sure looks like a copy to me. See this comparison with a known original aluminum Deschler:

Quote by Anders S View Post

Sorry for my first post, where I wrote that I believed the set was good.
    Also sorry for missing Brad's reply before my own, where he wrote what he believed was wrong with the set... (Which makes me look like a complete fool)
    Last edited by Anders S; 09-23-2008 at 06:23 PM.

In fairness, I probably should not have been so quick to "declare" them fake. Rather, I should have said that I see these issues which cause me to question their authenticity and that, based on the doubts they cause me to have, I believe them to be fake. I welcome discussion and disagreement.

Fenix82
    ?

thanks for the details, but these are no fakes, these were actually grounddugs, like you pointed the thing you think aren't right, like the prongs, well I saw that they were reattached, I know it too, her's another pic from a collector in Austria who has the same different nose opening as mine.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1222208037
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1222208037

sorry for the poor pics, but I got only these ones
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture E-stand eagle/skull set   E-stand eagle/skull set  

?

IMO, this is just the damages due of use, it's nearly impossible to make the copy which is near the exact to original, I still think that they are good.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

my opinion? I will need this in hand to examine. sometimes pictures are mis-leading, and given that it is ground dug and details might had worn off. Based on pictures the probability of authentic is high. Look at the rzm M1/52 very sharp. casting fake hard to achieve. if you handle real tk(sss) enough, there will be a final conclusion for it when you hold it.

Hmmm...

I have never seen this "big nose" variant, which has several other distinguishing features, which differ from other known original aluminum Deschlers. However, I have to say that those other photos do give promise to this being an authentic style. It is too bad that the other photos are of such poor quaity, that they prevent a detailed examination.

As for the first skull being original, I am far more inclined to agree that it may be, based on having seen the other photos. I can accept that the poor pin attachments could just be a bad post-wat restoration effort (as Anders pointed out) and that the pitting and lack of detail could be due to wear and decomposition while in the ground. However, I am still baffled by what looks like excess material in the areas I circled in yellow, particularly the one on the upper lip. I understand how material can be lost, but I am having a tough time understanding how there could be a blob of extra material. Perhaps a damaged die?

Anyway, in short, I am far less certain than I was originally, that this skull is a fake. However, I still have lingering doubts, which may only be able to be eliminated by a hands-on inspection.

As for the eagle, it has all of the hallmarks of being a cast copy which was artificially aged. The sloppy edges and poor detail in areas like the maker mark and RZM symbol are giveaways. Also look at the lower pin crimp; it looks like the faker tried to drill a hole to insert a pin, but gave up.
    As you all have guessed I'm not sure what to think of the skull now... I believed it to be good in the beginning, however, I changed my mind when I made a closer, more detailed look (I have never seen an original with this nose in the past either) and now I don't know what to believe...

However, I'm quite convinced that the eagle is a fake after a closer look.
    Look at the areas that Brad is talking about.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture E-stand eagle/skull set  

Fenix82
    ?

I will make better pics, maybe it will be better...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2