Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?

Article about: hi just picked this up today and would like some info on it if anybody can help it would of been a 3 pin type but is missing a pin on the back inside the back is a small serial number 455/42

Default eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?

hi just picked this up today and would like some info on it if anybody can help it would of been a 3 pin type but is missing a pin on the back inside the back is a small serial number 455/42 thanks guys eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?
    P
    Many

Default re: eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?

I think you mean SS 155/42.

hi carlsson thanks for the reply the number stamp is so small so i must of read it wrong can you give us some background on this type of insignia are they made from a tin or alloy ?when you say ss , are all the eagle cap badges stamped ss i know nothing about these so any info would be appreciated thanks james

Hi James, this is a 1936 pattern SS cap eagle.

Most, but not all, are marked with the RZM mark and SS runes and contract number/date.

They are not made from tin but either aluminium alloy or zinc kriegsmetal.

This is a very broad subject and has been covered on the forum several times. Fakes of these abound. 9 out of 10 turn out to be bad. Collector demand for these is always high.

Cheers, Ade.

hi adrian many thanks for the information most appreciated when i searched the web on cap badges the pictures had me confused as all of them had 2 pins on the rear where as mine originally had 3 ? above the serial number there is what looks like to small circles with writing in but very hard to see with naked eye ,i can only hope mine is original as it came from the same source as the cuff titles i picked up were the ss the only division to wear the eagle on there caps like i say i have no knowlege on this at all thanks james

Hi James, the SS cap eagle is very distinctive, due to the shape of the eagles wing tips, which form a shape like this >. Only the SS wore an eagle like this. Some have 2 pins while others have three. Two pin types I think are more commonly seen.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?

found this while looking through my german items and thought id post some better quality pictures the first ones were quite blurredeagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?

evening gents ,i know this is an old post but id like to ask if possible on its authenticity ,im gratefull to adrian and carlsson's comments so far ,i understand it must be hard to judge from photographs alone ,any comments welcome ,ive recently taken these photographs to try and give a clearer view ,thanks jameseagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42?

?

Looks like it might be a later model . See the streaks, or lines in it?
    Attached Images Attached Images eagle cap badge marked SS 155/42? 

thanks dean for having a look ,,your right there are tightly banded horizontal lines visible but only on the reverse side

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast