Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

eagle and skull

Article about: hello pleas tell me your opinion on this one thanks in advance eagle is marked rzm m1/52 skull is marked rzm 5/8[probebly fake] eagle has 3 prongs skull has 2 prongs prongs are slightly shar

Default eagle and skull

hello

pleas tell me your opinion on this one

thanks in advance

eagle is marked rzm m1/52
    skull is marked rzm 5/8[probebly fake]

eagle has 3 prongs
    skull has 2 prongs
    prongs are slightly sharp
    Last edited by j dubbel; 01-31-2009 at 02:21 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eagle and skull
    P
    Many

Default Re: eagle and skull

Quote by wehrmachtsman View Post
    hello

pleas tell me your opinion on this one

thanks in advance

eagle is marked rzm m1/52
    skull is marked rzm 5/8[probebly fake]

eagle has 3 prongs
    skull has 2 prongs
    prongs are slightly sharp
    oh cap is from ziegler

Fenix82
    ?

they both are, and the cap too

the "pigeon-head" eagle is always fake and exist with a lot of other numbers on it like: rzm 40, rzm 41, rzm m1/25 and so on..
    the skull is an obvious fake

Quote by Fenix82 View Post
    they both are, and the cap too

the "pigeon-head" eagle is always fake and exist with a lot of other numbers on it like: rzm 40, rzm 41, rzm m1/25 and so on..
    the skull is an obvious fake
    do you have a picture of an original set
    whit back pictures

hello

pleas show pics of real on so i can learn from my mistakes
    pleas pic of eagle and skull

Fenix82
    ?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1229372782
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1229372782

here you have an original matching set from Assmann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eagle and skull   eagle and skull  

The guys have given you the correct advice.

There are many different makers of SS cap insignia. I would advise you to look at some of the threads about them here. Start to build yourself a database of photos of good ones.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The guys have given you the correct advice.

There are many different makers of SS cap insignia. I would advise you to look at some of the threads about them here. Start to build yourself a database of photos of good ones.

Cheers, Ade.
    i`ll do that thanks guys

Mr. Bwanek here is our great metal-cap-insignia-of-the-SS man. Do read his posts in their number. SS cap insignia in its cloth or metal varieties are an especially frustrating and difficult field of endeavor for most seekers of truth. It is the center of gravity of the fakers' art and a trap for most innocent people. Mr. Hritz is also a real pro with this material, too, and if I have slighted someone else, mea maxima culpa.

There other sites also have files on this topic, but I shall leave this topic to others more at home in these sites.

The electronic pictures are one means of analysis, but there is no substitute for the actual examination of the real thing in three dimensions, as well as the tactile aspect, i.e. weight.

I would also add that there are those collectors known to me who actually pry the real things off of existing caps for their collections and then sell the stripped cap. May their hands wither for the crime.

Happy collecting.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. Bwanek here is our great metal-cap-insignia-of-the-SS man. Do read his posts in their number. SS cap insignia in its cloth or metal varieties are an especially frustrating and difficult field of endeavor for most seekers of truth. It is the center of gravity of the fakers' art and a trap for most innocent people. Mr. Hritz is also a real pro with this material, too, and if I have slighted someone else, mea maxima culpa.

There other sites also have files on this topic, but I shall leave this topic to others more at home in these sites.

The electronic pictures are one means of analysis, but there is no substitute for the actual examination of the real thing in three dimensions, as well as the tactile aspect, i.e. weight.

I would also add that there are those collectors known to me who actually pry the real things off of existing caps for their collections and then sell the stripped cap. May their hands wither for the crime.

Happy collecting.
    hello

i know pictures are difficult to test and see if its really the good thing
    i got these from a friend here in holland who is pist off at the moment because i only asked him why does the head looks like that from a pigeon and not from an eagle
    [also told why i am asking this]

i will try to post better pics of the eagle and skull but i have a crappy camera

thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast