Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

eagle and skull

Article about: hello pleas tell me your opinion on this one thanks in advance eagle is marked rzm m1/52 skull is marked rzm 5/8[probebly fake] eagle has 3 prongs skull has 2 prongs prongs are slightly shar

Default Re: eagle and skull

other pics of eagle and scull
    doesnt make any different but i hope i give some more detail
    Last edited by j dubbel; 01-31-2009 at 02:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eagle and skull
    P
    Many

Since the regular cap badge experts are silent, here are some authentic badges in various forms. These by no means comprise the range of the authentic, but these images offer some orientation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eagle and skull   eagle and skull  

Attached Images Attached Images eagle and skull 

As several well-respected collectors here had already stated that these are reproductions by the time I first saw this thread, I didn't think there was anything I could add of value to the discussion. However, since there seems to be some lingering doubt in the owner's mind, let my voice join the chorus of others here declaring these to be well-known and obvious fakes.

As for the request to show what originals should look like for comparison, I must also echo what has already been said that, considering the number of original makers, each of whom used various materials, hardware, finishes, and markings at different times, the number of original combinations is quite large and there is no such thing as one "correct" style. However, by looking at any of the original styles, you should be able to see considerable difference in the quality of manufacture and fineness of detail compared to these crude copies. [And, yes, despite your friend's offense, the "pigeon" head is a dead give-away]

Fenix82
    ?

you should make a database from every "known" makers seperately to know the diffrences between them, because they're a lot of them. And also make a database from the known fakes to juxtapose them. There's a lot of work to do my lad ;-)

p.s Nice Deschlers F-B

Thank you. I shall leave the making of lists and data bases to others better suited.

hello

i am already making an album whit different cinds of eagles and skulls
    i hope to find more on this forum

thanks again and i told my friend that i woundt buy anything from him again

thanks again for the help

You can add these images to your data base....I prefer these attached to a black peaked cap and hence cannot offer you the reverse of same...that is, again, for someone else with a different taste.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eagle and skull  
    Attached Images Attached Images eagle and skull 

Thumbs up Re: eagle and skull

very nice thumbsup

will add them

One easy thing that nearly anyone can do is to buy Assmann catalog reprint and deepen one's self in the descriptions of the items, i.e. how badges were made and of what materials. Surely, this is one example of a major insignia manufacturer, but it orients the seeker to the nature of the thing.

For instance, look at the cap badges for the army: the Hoheitszeichen came in seven models, costing anywhere from -.12 rpfg apiece to the luxury model -.60rpfg. I am not sure this variety existed for SS insignia, and think not, granted what is in the SS price lists of the VASS and the Kleiderkasse SS, but that is a wild a$$ guess.

The illustrations of the SS insignia in the Assmann catalog are not especially revealing, but the issue here is more the description of the items in their variety.

Happy headwear.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    One easy thing that nearly anyone can do is to buy Assmann catalog reprint and deepen one's self in the descriptions of the items, i.e. how badges were made and of what materials. Surely, this is one example of a major insignia manufacturer, but it orients the seeker to the nature of the thing.

For instance, look at the cap badges for the army: the Hoheitszeichen came in seven models, costing anywhere from -.12 rpfg apiece to the luxury model -.60rpfg. I am not sure this variety existed for SS insignia, and think not, granted what is in the SS price lists of the VASS and the Kleiderkasse SS, but that is a wild a$$ guess.

The illustrations of the SS insignia in the Assmann catalog are not especially revealing, but the issue here is more the description of the items in their variety.

Happy headwear.
    i really want to buy a reprint of sutch catalog but i dont know where to get these

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast