Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early jawless-style SS skull for review

Article about: Purchased this, what I hope to be authentic, early SS skull today. Would like to throw it out to the experts and get some feedback. I should have undoubtedly checked here first but here we a

Default Early jawless-style SS skull for review

Purchased this, what I hope to be authentic, early SS skull today. Would like to throw it out to the experts and get some feedback. I should have undoubtedly checked here first but here we are.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early jawless-style SS skull for review   Early jawless-style SS skull for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early jawless-style SS skull for review
    P
    Many

It is authentic indeed.

Early jawless-style SS skull for reviewEarly jawless-style SS skull for reviewCompare....Photo (right) courtesy of Collector's Guild.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-10-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    It is authentic indeed.
    Thanks, Sid! I a feel better. Still learning and this area of collecting seems like a minefield.

78 you got that right.lol

We have more authentic material and people willing to share same here than at the other site, or, really, any site you might seek.

Do look at all the threads here. The Danziger Totenschaedel is a perennial of questions, and we have many, many examples, even still on their caps, just imagine.....

or, if you prefer, clawed from the depths of bogs and the steppes with the patina of the 20th century for good measure.

It is all here in its varied splendor.

I assume the example shown by Fb from the guild is not exactly the same, but just another example of a similar type?

I have seen some Assmann insignia with these crappy brass pins but did not realise you also get it on TK's, as most often when you see it, it is on fake insignia.

Glad to learn something new today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early jawless-style SS skull for review  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The example I enclosed is my property, which I got from Whammond.
    There are many variations of these badges, and we endeavor to describe them.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-10-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I have not made up cute names for the different styles, since such a thing is more than absurd.
    I am not sure what you mean by the last comment, as certainly I did not ask you to do such a thing.

I assume the differences are down to maker and perhaps date.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Early jawless-style SS skull for reviewEarly jawless-style SS skull for reviewEarly jawless-style SS skull for reviewAn example similar to my enclosure in use at at the time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast