Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Early Skull Opinions

Article about: Came across this early skull and wanted to get opinions on its legitimacy. I am very uninformed when it comes to SS items and although I can make out that it appears to be early I dont have

Default Early Skull Opinions

Came across this early skull and wanted to get opinions on its legitimacy. I am very uninformed when it comes to SS items and although I can make out that it appears to be early I dont have much reference past that. From the photos I've looked at on here the eyebrows appear to be slightly different from the photos ive researched. I'm not sure on the alleged make; however its stated to be made of Zinc and measures 30x27mm. Full disclosure the pictures are from the Ratisbons auction.

Early Skull Opinions
    Early Skull Opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Skull Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Skull Opinions
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks to me like Army Traditional TK, but this type was sometimes used on early SS-Caps.
    I'd wait for Al opinion on this but it has a good chance of being a good one.

Some of these early skulls were made of zinc. Looks like the pin is made of steel. I have not seen this particular skull before but I like it. Vince

nice variant, original

Do you know a good resource for other traditional TKs so I can compare? I'm glad the opinion so far is that its genuine especially due to how many fakes are out there but I'm going to attempt to narrow down exactly what I have a bit.

Thanks for the replies so far!

?

Here are few similar variants and a large variety of others from my collection.

Early Skull Opinions

Early Skull Opinions

Early Skull OpinionsEarly Skull Opinions

Credit: Stonemint

Early Skull Opinions Early Skull Opinions

Early Skull Opinions

Early Skull Opinions