Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Skull real or not

Article about: Just picked this one up, Its almost in mint condition so i'm a little iffy but just want to make sure one way or other. Thanks!

Doxmon
    ?

Default Early Skull real or not

Just picked this one up, Its almost in mint condition so i'm a little iffy but just want to make sure one way or other.

Thanks!

Early Skull real or notEarly Skull real or not

2. # ADS

Default Re: Early Skull real or not

Early Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notCompare.....Early Skull real or notEarly Skull real or not

Hi
    For me this skull is orginal.
    Only one thing looks little strange -right pin is connected in strange place but maybe Im wrong and this is correct.
    Thanks
    Peter

Early Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notfor what little my opinion is plainly worth, the piece in question seems pretty close to what I have posted on original caps. I am agnostic about "prongs." I hardly think the variation here has the slightest meaning at all.

Original.

Real deal... Prongs fall off and get soldered back on all the time:-) SA pre-1936,no markings on the back is correct for period.

I was wondering about that myself, Peter. As Bobby said, prongs did, indeed, break their mountings and get resoldered all the time, but this particular one shows no sign of ever being mounted in the proper place to Begin with. It was either originally attached in a sloppy manner(which, afterall, would really make little to no difference anyway) or else it isn't original-but I, too, am inclined to think that it is.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    for what little my opinion is plainly worth.
    Now theres the understatement of the day! You know you have a legion of followers hanging off every word you utter regarding skulls, caps and foetid woolens.

You should charge admission.

Early Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or notEarly Skull real or not
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Now theres the understatement of the day! You know you have a legion of followers hanging off every word you utter regarding skulls, caps and foetid woolens.

You should charge admission.
    Thanks for the kind words. I am sure just as many spit at the screen, or beat their children out of rage when these lines appear. Or, in shame turn to the collection of Pez containers and space ship lunch boxes from the Sputnik era.