Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS cap Eagle ?

Article about: Hello, my newest picup today : This nice looking eagle messures 50mm . It's made from massiv nickelsilver . Marker is RZM 72 for Fritz Zimmermann, Stuttgart ? Is my opinion for early SS righ

Question Early SS cap Eagle ?

Hello,

my newest picup today :

This nice looking eagle messures 50mm .

It's made from massiv nickelsilver .

Marker is RZM 72 for Fritz Zimmermann, Stuttgart ?

Is my opinion for early SS right ?

I must have real reverenzes to offer them .........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS cap Eagle ?   Early SS cap Eagle ?  

Early SS cap Eagle ?  
    Last edited by yellow12; 07-01-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS cap Eagle ?
    P
    Many

Default re: Early SS cap Eagle ?

Normally Used for SA, but you can also find them on some early ss black caps.

?

looks like mine,,,. nice one!

Excellent specimen , doesnt get better than this .. !
    Still , I'd be happy to see a period picture of this type actually in wear by the SS before the transition to the true SS style eagle - so far I've seen them wearing only the political eagle of the earlier ( smaller ) type .
    Maybe it's even worn already on the black kepi in the background , but the picture is not very clear ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS cap Eagle ?  

Early SS cap Eagle ?For instance,

These eagles were introduced in 1934 and obsolete by 1936. I have seen period pictures of them in wear but they are not commonly seen. I have a early gray NCO visor cap that has the final pattern SS insignias and shows evidence of both earlier type eagles having been worn on the cap at one time.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Nice pick-up! Need to get one of these briefly used ones as well. I believe F-B posted a photo once of Sepp Dietrich wearing one of these eagles.

Early SS cap Eagle ?Early SS cap Eagle ?I bought this cap a decade ago, and its fame derives from it having been in the Hayes book of a decade earlier.
    It appeared thus in the Hayes book exactly as it appears here. Whether it had this 1934 badge in 1934 is beyond me, but it is a hat that was likely made
    in 1934 or maybe 1935, which suffices for me. It also has a name in it associated, I believe, with SS Wachverband "Oberbayern" which is of note.
    The wear of the political badge on the SS cap was fairly common, though I have not seen many images of this badge in the epoch.
    Any mature person with this material knows that the badges get switched a lot.
    The final point is this: as Wim tells us, the 1927 and or 1929 badge (Hakenkreuzkokarde) was originally worn on the SS kepi prior
    to its being worn on the SA kepi and such. Ergo, it is rightly an SS badge as much as anything.
    Too much madness adheres to cap badges for reasons I can never decipher.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-05-2014 at 04:23 PM.

The French cap book from the early 1980s or 1979 has a black officer's cap with the same 1934 badge, as well, which is also in Wim's book from Bender.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast